Another treat for all you fans of Dataviz this evening.
This one is probably not done yet because it can be improved but I’ll put it out there for now with incomplete data, though the data displayed is correct.
We had this before ages ago based on a Google chart functionality that has sadly been withdrawn. But reintroducing here the exclusive who likes whom on TFK.
Some points on the data:
- This is all likes for the last 5 years where there has been more than 215 likes between two individuals. So I liked Bandage’s posts 250 times in that period, it should be visible on the graph. If I didn’t then it won’t be.
- Those likes can be in both directions. If I liked Bandage 250 times and he liked me 500 times then there should be an arrow from Rocko to Bandage and also from Bandage to Rocko.
- The thickness of the arrow represents the volume of likes. The thicker the arrow, the more likes passed in that direction.
- You can click on people and drag them around to make things clearer. You can also select some of the cliques by clicking the filters (but you’re seeing who they liked, not the members of that clique).
- As an example, let’s look at @anon7035031:
You can see that @Enrique has liked his posts more than 215 times but the reverse is not true. Same goes for his relationship with @carryharry. But he has a big thick double arrowed lined to @ironmoth. They like eachother’s posts a lot.
Those maroon dots linking to him show his loyalty within the Nogra group but there are some sneaky arrows to the Fingal and Limerick groups too.
The size of the dots tells you the poster’s like ratio. Labane has a reasonable looking dot there in that image, it’s average. Look at that big circle for @Fagan_ODowd though. He’s harvesting likes in a much higher ratio to his posts.
I put most people in a relevant group. Don’t be offended if you’re the wrong colour.