The Local and European Elections 2019 Hub

McGuinness will have a big surplus and that should push Walsh into a seat, no? Precarious for Ming?

1 Like

You cannot be a Green unless you turn your back on the environmental catastrophe wreaked by the ecological vandalism of eating red meat.

Iā€™ve been mocked on here for adopting a food replacement system that is sustainable.

I wonā€™t name and shame anybody just yet as this has the potential to be a Road to Damascus moment

Thatā€™s a possibility but in Euro elections, in constituencies with such a big geographical spread, party transfers donā€™t tend to be as tight or disciplined. McGuinness and Walsh have had a very testy relationship and I suspect Ming will just about hang on.

1 Like

Fantastic to be a part of this success.

I gave number one votes to Saoirse McHugh in Midlands North West and Ciaran Cuffe in Dublin.

I voted Gary Gannon number 2 in Dublin and I canā€™t remember who I voted number 2 for in Midlands North West as I didnā€™t actually vote there at all.

Delighted my 17 posts across various social media platforms praising Saoirse proved to be of benefit to her however.

Weā€™re back, baby, weā€™re back.

3 Likes

Not sure. Lots of the low fry are left wing there which would benefit Boylan over the Tubridy wallflower that is Andrews. And sure maybe some of her hard-core Kerry voters have moved to Dublin to push her over the lineā€¦

Mate thatā€™s illegal and youā€™ve ruined your ballot

Thatā€™s not my constituency. Itā€™s either @Ralphie, @glasagusban or @padjo.

1 Like

I think either Daly or Boylan will leapfrog Andrews, possibly both

Not sure what sort of person votes Fianna Fail number 2

Youā€™re either a backward cunt or you arenā€™t, there isnā€™t much in between

Daly for seat 3 is my guess, comfortably, possibly even seat 2

Boylan fourth

2 Likes

@Juhniallio, where are Alex Whiteā€™s second preferences going to go? Will they push Frances over the line?

1 Like

Iā€™d have thought a lot would be for Cuffe but he wonā€™t need them so it will move downballot

I suspect Daly will get a good few

Durkanā€™s transfers will mean Fitzgerald is safe

Boylan looks less toxic for transfers than your average Sinn Feiner

There are a lot of left transfers at play here

Gannon, White, Higgins etc., possibly even an element of Durkanā€™s

Martin will surely be toast after this?

2 Likes

Depends on the locals

Some downfall for Mark Durkan, now a waterboy for FG.

2 Likes

Heā€™s actually their best asset in real terms

Fianna Failā€™s problem is that the party is full to the brim with dreadful candidates and heavily associated with social conservatism and an Ireland that people have left behind

Martin is a decent man and not really like that but his party is

They did not come out of the same sex marriage referendum or the 8th Amendment referendum well despite Martinā€™s efforts

They have a huge image problem, and European elections naturally favour outsiders rather than establishment parties

All told, Fine Gael have had a very good result

Mary Lou will be under pressure after this - as I said at the time Gerry Adams was an electoral asset to Sinn Fein, not a hindrance

2 Likes

Martin comes across a pathetic, sniveling, horrible little weasel of a man.

SF are fucked, down south in particular. They have jumped the shark.

2 Likes

Agreed on all counts.

Didnā€™t a majority of FF TDs vote against having a referendum on the 8th amendment?

Sadly, some of them will. Whyte is capable but effectively a nobody, and will have garnered votes from older folk, often ladies, who felt Labour were fucked over by the last time they were in government. He will also have had part of the ever-dwindling die hard labour vote*. The first group may well vote granny, keeping the8r vote with a lady they felt was pushed. The die hards will split between self immolation and various personal allegiances /grievances.

BUUUUUUTā€¦ letā€™s be clearā€¦ this election is green. Everyoneā€™s second preference will be greenā€¦And if not their second, their third. let th FG cunts scramble on the deck for votes like seagulls who used have bountiful seas but are now forced to stalk the piers of howth for discarded or unguarded chips.

Welcome aboard , i collated the PMs from @Cicero_Dandi @Fagan_ODowd @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy and @Rocko and weighted them inversely according to their reference number so that the #enviro-forefathers would have greatest impact in determining the reference number assigned to a recent bandwagon joiner. Welcome aboard #27 @Juhniallio

3 Likes

I canā€™t remember but there was a big push against it at grass roots level, as there was with the 2015 referendum for the simple reason that if youā€™re a social conservative in Ireland youā€™ll probably vote Fianna Fail - thatā€™s where their base is - with oulā€™ fellas and oulā€™ ones who go to mass, or loudmouth fellas who wear cheap suits and love the Galway Races and think praising Trump online is great bantz

To Martinā€™s credit he performed well in both referendum campaigns but his party let him down in a big way

Strangely enough Timmy Dooley was one of the few who backed him up in last yearā€™s referendum campaign

They will hold what they have in the general election however