The Local and European Elections 2019 Hub

I think he comes across as a decent man in a very difficult situation. Certainly not a horrible man

He comes across as weak and a coward.

The press seem to go extraordinarily easy on him too given the skeletons in his closet.

1 Like

SF should never have got rid of Ruairi O bradaigh

1 Like

I presume given that statement that you think Saoirse and Grace will be taking seats too, and by seats I mean inside the top three, not the conditional seats dependent on Brexit

I also think so

Green clean sweep across the board coming up methinks

Red c poll predicting we will get 15% - higher than ff

4 Likes

Leaders lead, Michael Martin only seems to lead Leo into the Dail dungeon in his gimp suit and leash.

2 Likes

That’s fair enough although I’m not really sure what’s expected of him. What’s the point in calling for an election when its just going to be a very similar result to last time

He’s the leader for how long now?

Leaders will be judged on the performance of their party and they have been car crash since he took over the leadership.

2 Likes

They more than doubled their seats in the last election

I think you’re just trying to deflect away from Sinn Fein here anyway

2 Likes

Or am, other posters

Champ has led them them to their 2 worst results in General Elections in their history not something to be proud of

They won 23 seats back of the 51 they lost under him.

1 Like

He was installed as leader a few weeks before the 2011 election

Their 2016 performance was better than most observers expected - I was ridiculed for predicting they would take a good few seats in Dublin but they did

The 2011 election wasn’t his fault, nobody would have done any better. He got them back to a respectable level. I think he comes across as a decent man, certainly not the most inspiring leader but can’t see many better out there than him for FF

What are your thoughts on Mary Lou?

Sorry mate, I forgot you were residing in the hidden gem.

1 Like

I have to commend Eamon Ryan’s vote management , maybe my calls to run 2 candidates in Dublin should have been heeded but cooler heads said let’s take the clean sweep and not look for a double Dublin. I guess that’s why I’m on the subcommittee not the executive .

3 Likes

But the fact remains as I stated

Facts without context don’t tell the real story though

Where do you see our surplus going pal?

Respectable how?

Because of the performance of Labour?

Labour are dead, FF are dead, SF have no identity under the new leadership. The Blueshirts are the de facto winners here because of the rudderless leadership of the opposition.

The Greens are going to come and we are going to legislate some earth saving environmental policy. I look forward to setting up an environmental militia armed with solar-powered tasers.

3 Likes