The Local and European Elections 2019 Hub

I think Madigan is much more vulnerable

Richmond has been very able in his media performances re Brexit and will attract more transfers than Madigan I think, though he may not need them

Madigan is not a very likeable figure at all - herself and Bailey are well matched

Oh dear is right

You’re all over the place here

This is what happens when somebody tries to defend a ludicrous position on the INTERNET

does your strawman hug you at night?

1 Like

You certainly come across as somebody who badly needs a hug, given your permanently miserable and boorish disposition

That’s probably why you’ve invented so many straw men

But the only thing you’re hugging is the far right touchline

Is Sidney saying that SF are right not to take up their seats in Westminster? Good man Sidney.

Is this was yer one who was the social media darling last week after “owning” Peter Casey in a debate. (Hardly an achievement in fairness hes as thick as plank) Who’d have thunk it! It’s almost as if there’s a small coterie of knobs online commentating on politics and trying to create a narrative online that’s not related to reality in the slightest!

5 Likes

and youre well offside.

boorish? from the man who pisses off a balcony into temple bar.

1 Like

That was humorous

In fairness, she came from having no profile to getting 50k/60k first preferences in a constituency not renowned for voting for the Green Party in any meaningful way.

5 Likes

You’d be better off asking @artfoley - he’s deeply confused about his logic

Sinn Fein’s position as regards not sitting in Westminster is perfectly logical

There is probably 35% of FG first preferences available and maybe even more.

Madigan was unassailable before this Bailey shenanigans imo. She was a working mother who pushed repealing the 8th and would sell very easy to the coffee crews in the likes of Union CafĂŠ Mount Merrion. She had a ministerial role as well which gave her profile. She was a Councillor barely two years before she got into the DĂĄil.

Richmond will be very transfer friendly as well as being popular in his own right. He has a lot going for him. High profile after Brexit, a capable communicator and heavy Party backing. He also will sell very well to southsoide Dads as the modern day example.

Alex White should move constituency.

Casey has been a media darling for the last nine months

He’s had multiple times more coverage than any other candidate standing in this election

A total failure for him

McHugh had never been heard of before last Monday - the election was on Friday

If McHugh had gotten even 20% of the coverage Casey did during the campaign, she’d likely have been elected

McHugh would have a serious shot at a seat in Galway West.

A lot of hippies and bohos in Galway city ok

should go back to the bar

Every time Casey opens his mouth he makes a fool of himself. His popularity and this “green wave” are more reflective of peoples dissatisisfaction with fine gael and fianna fail and the complete lack of any other credible alternative in opposition in my opinion.

2 Likes

Having read through this mornings exchanges, @artfoley’s personal opinion of O’Riordain clearly clouding any objective assessment of him as a politician. I don’t particularly like him, but he’s obviously capable and did well in a complete bearpit in 2016. I’d say given the regression of SF, he’ll be back in the lower chamber.

He’d be ideal as Labour leader, given what they need to do to regrow. He’s the embodiment of the soft left, liberal pragmatist vote they need to win.

1 Like

RTE made a cunt of her which was very unfair. Interviewing her late Sunday night and basically congratulating her and telling it was just a matter of waiting.

You’d feel for her in that sense but they obviously jizzed their kaks too early.

Whatever the actions of online knobs, I think that Saoirse McHugh has done herself credit in terms of that debate and her general comments on social media.

Is the moratorium still in place in Ireland South? Are they using an abacus to count. It’s embarrassing at this stage

1 Like