The Mac and Treatystones Beer Thread

What shop is selling that stuff? Cerveceros is it?

I’m in Catalonia mate

2 Likes

Estrella. The Spanish version of Carling

1 Like

the last time I was in Spain i drank a few pints of san miguel draught, I nearly committed suicide over the next 2 days, I was never as sick or depressed

1 Like

Big brewery there next to the airport in Barcelona.

Lidl have what looked like a good offer on hipster beers at the moment. 4 500ml for 6 on some brands.
I went down and picked up one of each range to see if they were any use, with a view to stocking up if I found something passable.
I tried 3 different ones last night, absolute shite everyone of them. Poured two of them down the sink. Some of the worst IPA’s I’ve ever drank.

They’ve a load of Belgian stuff in there at a reasonable price @anon61878697 but I wouldn’t be a fan of the Belgian stuff so I didn’t indulge.

You might get shot in Lidl.

Allah Akbar

6 bottles for 2.50? can’t be real

I’ve 4 boxes that say otherwise

I was only in Lidl two nights ago and was woeful disappointed with the drink for sale, I couldn’t find anything a bit different that I fancied drinking so bought 12 Heineken instead. If I’d seen some Belgian stuff I’d have maybe got it. Do you recall the type of Belgian stuff they had? Leffe is great tack.

drink it in

They’d this stuff anyway

1 Like

We are being fleeced on our crafties over here. Someone will start mass producing and selling crates with 20 bottles for €30 or whatever and they’ll knock the rest of them out of the park. Brewdog are at it in the UK, you can get their stuff very cheap over there. Some of it is lovely tack as well. The session IPA is delicious

That Belgian box is great value. I wouldn’t be beyond adding something lighter and dryer to the darkest/sweetest of them, pure gulpin behaviour I know.

That looks like a can of Estrella Galicia, that’s only brewed in A Coruna in Galicia. If there is a brewery in Barcelona, I’d say it brews just ordinary Estrella Damm. Not the same stuff at all.

1 Like

One of the nicest meals I ever ate was rabbit and prunes stewed in gulden draak with a bottle of the same to wash it down. Unrale. It’s serious tack, 10.5.

You wouldn’t want to be planning on going anywhere if you sat down with a few Belgian beers. It’s a different kind of drunk altogether, it’s like being stoned after 3 or 4.

it’s all mass produced shite. It’s not produced by Galician hobbits you know.

1 Like

You sip on Belgian beer — You drink Irish piss.