The Mac and Treatystones Beer Thread

Right on queue …

Had a bottle of this last Saturday night. Absolutely gorgeous stuff

https://p.twimg.com/AoypdzYCQAAUoZM.jpg

a noble beer, respect!

Was there any hint of whiskey to the taste Mac? Sounds great.

A hint was about all. Could be just a pure marketing gimmick but I was sold anyway, and will buy again.

I’ve been off the grog for a few weeks now, this thread is not recommended reading…

A fat bitch tried to tell me that beer is the most fattening thing you can drink. I knew heineken and the like (lager) are full of crap but a bit of research, as I suspected, showed that properly brewed beer i.e Paulaner is far lighter than the rest.

Paulaner 1 pint, Calories: 168, Fat: 0g, Carbs: 15g, Protein: 0g

Heineken stands at 226 cals and Bulmers at 210

Thus, if you value your health at all you cant afford not to drink a quality beer like Paulaner.

Ah Lovely :pint:

[quote=“ChocolateMice, post: 576528”]A fat bitch tried to tell me that beer is the most fattening thing you can drink. I knew heineken and the like (lager) are full of crap but a bit of research, as I suspected, showed that properly brewed beer i.e Paulaner is far lighter than the rest.

Paulaner 1 pint, Calories: 168, Fat: 0g, Carbs: 15g, Protein: 0g

Heineken stands at 226 cals and Bulmers at 210

Thus, if you value your health at all you cant afford not to drink a quality beer like Paulaner.

Ah Lovely [/quote]

I thought that was pretty obvios to be honest CM. That is the reason all rogbeee supporters are obese lumps of shit.

Guinness is healthier to drink than Heineken - FACT

:lol:

http://www.irishfoodbloggers.com/2011/04/18/franciscan-well-brewery-easter-beer-festival/

Franciscan well Beer festival- for any beer lovers in the Peoples Republic/ Real capital Easter weekend.

:lol: Yurt!

Having a couple of bottles of Blue Moon watching the ball game. It’s nice stuff.

Bit on the sweet side but not bad kid.

[quote=“ChocolateMice, post: 576535”]

Bit on the sweet side but not bad kid.[/quote]

Little sweet alright but for just a couple of bottles it’s daycent

Had this last month. Disappointed in it, like a poor imitation of Hoegaarden. Wouldn’t be in any hurry to get again.

Hold up here pal, if the runt says It’s daycent, then it’s daycent. Right!

I spotted moosehead in a offlicence recently, I may purchase some the weekend…I actually haven’t been drunk in weeks now that I think of it… I need a blow out.

[quote=“ChocolateMice, post: 576538”]

Hold up here pal, if the runt says It’s daycent, then it’s daycent. Right!

I spotted moosehead in a offlicence recently, I may purchase some the weekend…I actually haven’t been drunk in weeks now that I think of it… I need a blow out.[/quote]

Nah, it’s not great whatever Runt might say. Maybe it’s the fact I’d a whole case to drink that turned me off it.

Anyone ever have the alcohol free Paulaaner? Spotted it in the local off-license. Any trade off in taste?

I agree. A couple of Bluemoon is fine but way too sweet for a belly full.

Never had the non alco Paulaner,.why no alcohol?

[quote=“ChocolateMice, post: 576540”]

I agree. A couple of Bluemoon is fine but way too sweet for a belly full.

Never had the non alco Paulaner,.why no alcohol?[/quote]

After 3 bottles I agree with the above. It got less nice with each bottle due to the sweetness. I would def drink a few bottles of it again but wouldn’t go out of my way to seek it out.