The Mac and Treatystones Beer Thread

[quote=“ChocolateMice, post: 576540”]

I agree. A couple of Bluemoon is fine but way too sweet for a belly full.

Never had the non alco Paulaner,.why no alcohol?[/quote]

Partly curiosity. Partly because it’s on sale!

[quote=“hannibal, post: 576542”]

Partly curiosity. Partly because it’s on sale![/quote]

I was out with a fella one night who was drinking it. Swore by it, said it’s lovely tack

2 words for you
Old speckled hen

[quote=“The Runt, post: 576543”]

I was out with a fella one night who was drinking it. Swore by it, said it’s lovely tack[/quote]

Will give it a go and report back.

Haven’t had the non alc Paulaner but non alc Erdinger is a fine drink for the recovering alcoholic. Non alcoholic Cobra should be avoided at all costs. It tastes like the run off from silage.

Old Crafty Hen is even better.

Zlaty Bazant from Slovakia is a noble beer if you ever see it in stock.

[quote=“Kid Chocolate, post: 576544”]2 words for you
Old speckled hen[/quote]

Ah that’s a lovely beer kc. Waggle dance is a lovely beer too if slightly sweet. Must get back to drinking ales again this summer though it’s hard to find an off licence with a decent selection anymore.

Having a bottle of Schneider Weiss beer now.
It’s not great.

I am having a Fullers London Pride at the moment. Tis grand. Found it in a wine shop lately.

[quote=“hannibal, post: 576549”]

Ah that’s a lovely beer kc. Waggle dance is a lovely beer too if slightly sweet. Must get back to drinking ales again this summer though it’s hard to find an off licence with a decent selection anymore.[/quote]

Was in tesco last week, they had a world beer sale, picked out some ales . Some Old Speckled Hen, Hobgoblin, Young’s Bitter, Old Peculiar, some O Hara’s beers and also some from the Whitewater Brewery in Co Down.

Been working my way through them and I can highly recommend the Belfast ale from the latter brewery, fantastic stuff. Their “Clotworthy Dobbin” tastes a lot better than the name might suggest. Hobgoblin is also a lovely beer.

good call balbec. The golden pheasant was the best reason to visit brat

Old Speckled Hen is an outstanding ale. I currently have a bottle of Little Creatures Pale Ale from WA on the go, lovely stuff.

Have any of you been drinking India Pale Ales? I had a bottle of Sierra Nevada Torpedo from the US (surprisingly) at lunch the other day, fucking wonderful.

Trouble Brewing ór is a great irish brew…

so selection ye need to look to Redmonds in Ranelagh or there is a decent selection in one of the offies on camden st or wexford st too

Hobgoblin is a noble beer, had a few tonight. Hoogarden too, couple of them bad boys. Hmmmm, beer

I’m in a porterhouse establishment and I see old speckled hen is on the menu… It better be nice after all the hype here.

Just having a Duvel here to start me off.

http://kuku-distributors-ltd.tradenote.net/images/users/000/303/595/56046.jpg

I should be able to write an essay on this thread after all the different beers I’ve tried in poland. Pity i can’t remember any of them. Tasty stuff anyhow

Aventinus (Schneider Weiss)

Lock the fucking thread!

This is the beauty in question