The Man Utd Thread

I think this forum deserves this thread especially now the Exellence of execution is here.

First Topic.

United have the league won, according to boyles at least, brave move on their part to pay out already considering Chelseas consistency. Any body have a slight worry about this?

Thanks for the mention Flano. ;D

The next two matches away against Fulham and Liverpool could decide it. Take full points here and I think it will be too much for Chelski to claw back.

If both teams match each other up until they play each other it would be very interesting. If I was going to bet on it I would have to say I would back Chelsea to do the business. That leaves 4 games where one slip up could be all the difference, but that goal difference is nice to have.

But if one team gets to the semi final of the cup then that league match will be put back to the last week of the season. Could be over by then.

I keep hearing the phrase ā€˜Unitedā€™s goal difference is worth an extra pointā€™.

Itā€™s not if Chelsea ending up one point ahead of them at the end of the season.

I still give Chelsea an excellent chance.

Agreeing a deal to keep Larsson beyond March will be crucial for ManU imo.

Whoever said Uniteds goal difference is worth an extra point is an idiot. Its like the old, away goals count double thing, they donā€™t.

Anyway keeping Larsson would be a dream come true, the guy is exceptional. Class act but then again his merits have been discussed in lenght elsewhere.

What are the chances of keeping Larsson - what has he been saying about staying? Iā€™m still surprised they let Rossi go out on loan, they could end up needing him.

Apparently Larsson said he would be be willing to stay until the end of the season and Helsingborgs were not going to get in the way of this. Helsingborgs have since changed there stance and said there is no chance of him staying.

Helsingsborgs should be saying 5m or no deal. If Maloney is worth 1m for 6 months to Villa with nothing to play for Larsson should be worth 10m to United for 6 months given whatā€™s a stake.

Big match tonight :smiley:

Squad to face Lille
Van der Sar, Kuszcak, Heaton, Neville, Oā€™Shea, Ferdinand, Silvestre, Vidic, Evra, Heinze, Brown, Fletcher, Ronaldo, Scholes, Giggs, Carrick, Park, Richardson, Rooney, Saha, Smith, Larsson, Solskjaer.

From this Id play

Kuszcak
Neville Ferdinand Vidic Heinze

Ronaldo Scholes Carrick Giggs

Rooney Larsson

Just a personal pick not what I think the team will be but what Iā€™d like to see stroll out at the start

Agree with most except Eddie in goal and evra for heinze.

Van da man will play in goal and Evra will probably play too. I was just putting out the team Iā€™d like to see.

For fook sake. Sitting here watching this United game(if thats what you want to call it). Proving Dunphy right, again!

Great win. Lille should be ashamed of themselves the way they acted. Great opportunist Giggs. It has been done before. Defending team has to be alrert.

Agree 100 percent there. Dunphy better hopes Messi destroys Liverpool because heā€™s been ā€œbuilt up by the mediaā€. His words not mine. Ronaldo would have got the crybaby award if the lille coach hadnt beat him to it.

When your man for Lille scored I thought here we go again. Another 1.0 loss in a european away match. It was a minimal push and Vida made the most of it but you take what you can.

Souldressing made a good point to me earlier, why didnt United just take the throw and score?

Because there would have been a pitch invasion Flano. Plus I didnt see the ref blow the whistle to indicate we could take it cause we all know thats the rule. :smiley:

Didnā€™t watch the game but saw the goal and thought it was perfectly legitimate. Saw the subsequent walk off and thought to myself that United were perfectly entitled to play on and score. Talk about sour grapes. Itā€™s funny how Dunphy can keep giving out about Ronaldo yet tosses himself off over Rooney.

I didnā€™t see any ot the punditry. Can anyone fill me in on the jist of what was said about the "boy " Ronaldo or was it the usual stuff?

I havenā€™t seen the incident yet but your first paragraph there sums it up for me. Quick free kicks have always been part of the game.