The Man Utd Thread

what happened between police and the fans?

Where did you come by this information? That contradicts everything Iā€™ve heard

The United fans with no tickets? As far as Iā€™m aware(from what Iā€™ve read) they had bought tickets for the home section and were ushered into the Away end which was at capacitiy already.

The ManU away support are some clowns with this ā€˜Men In Blackā€™ nonsense they go on with.

Weā€™re too hard to wear colours. We look more menacingly if we all dress in black doc martens, black jeans and black leather jackets.

Idiots.

Last paragraph of this article: http://football.guardian.co.uk/championsleague200607/story/0,,2018011,00.html

Im a barstool fan dont really give a shit what people say. How were the tickets the United fans had, not legitimate. They bought them. I bought a dvd off ebay does that mean its not a legitimate dvd?

A must buy for all United Fans. Out 2nd of April. hi5

[img width=500 height=500]http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/B000MCIDWS.01.SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V46898908.jpg

He is one of the greatest football managers of all time and has lifted every trophy going. In celebration of Fergieā€™s amazing legacy sit back and enjoy all of the 2000 goals that have been scored since Fergie took over as manager of Manchester United.

[quote=Excellence of Execution ]
has lifted every trophy going. [/quote]

Have I missed something or has he not only operated in two leagues? No La Liga or Serie A trophies on his mantelpiece for a start. Never really tried international management either. I agree heā€™s a great manager but this is another example of EPL-centric thinking.

Yeah canā€™t argue with that. Benitez also did it with another relatively small club but he still has to win the Epl and repeat the success in champions league.

Of managers in our lifetime in England I think Clough probably has the best achievements. Ferguson has been very good for Man United but really his European record is quite poor.

:smiley: :o :oStrangely agreeing with Raven here re Clough, Mourinho and Hitzfeld :o :o :o

Even looking at Bayern under Hitzfeld the last couple of weeks heā€™s knocked out Real Madrid and has got them back in with an outside chance of winning the Bundesliga or at least getting a CL spot that looked very doubtful a month ago. Still it seems heā€™s a temporary appointment with the Mainz manager tipped to takeover according to something I read last week.

Mainz and Hamburg were at the bottom of the Bundesliga a month ago and theyā€™ve won 5 in a row each or something to but BocHUN into the danger zone.

What a entertaining game of football between United and Boro. A replay was a fair result in my view with United playing great stuff in the first half especially Larrson who will be missed. Boro took their chances to be fair to them. At least Scholsey will only miss one league game as the replay is on Bank Holiday Monday. :smoke:

What odds ManU to win nothing this year? Off to investigate that one. :drink:

Watford. Couldnt have been any better really. Get the boro out of the way and then onto the final :smoke:

This is all I could find regarding what Utd will win. Youā€™d probably have to request the odds for them to win nothing considering they are 1/8 to win the Premiership.

Premiership & FA Cup 2/1
Premiership & Ch League 7/2
FA Cup & Ch League 9/1
Premiership, FA Cup & Ch League 10/1

From the football homepage:

Alan Shearerā€™s column

ā€œAny team with Wayne Rooney in it will score goalsā€

Any team without Wayne Rooney will score goals too. I think Rooney is still living of the hype surrounding him in his early days & Euro 2004. What has he really done since? He hasnt exactly set the world on fire.

agree with that. another overhyped english epl player. he may turm out to be a great player but some of the comments about him have been way over the top and all he has really showed so far is good potential.

Rooney is doing well at the moment. Just cause he aint scoring every match dont mean he not doing his bit. I can remember numerous 70 yard runs to track back, make a tackle and win the ball. Hes only 21 remember and he just reached 50 goals for United.

Rooney is suppoed to be a footballing genius, best player since Maradona(English media hype again).

[quote=Excellence of Execution ]
I can remember numerous 70 yard runs to track back, make a tackle and win the ball. [/quote]
Any work horse can do do that, Kevin Kilbane can do that.