The Manchester Derby FA Cup Final

It was a tactical masterclass from Erik Ten Haag. Solid defensively and pace on the counter. Garnacho was very good.

City were so naive though.

Pep should have whipped Haaland for Alvares instead of KDB.

City are a very poor big game side.

1 Like

Abide with me is spinetingling.

1 Like

15/2 or so.

Man United can be a very good side and city are overrated. When you rip into city they are nothing. I pointed out the joke it was Liverpool and Arsenal playing for draws in recent weeks against a side as combustible as Man City under pep.

We saw it with Jose too he wound pep up so much he quit his job in Barcelona.

You have to absolutely rip into these fellas from the off and I knew United would do it.

2 Likes

The high line they play can be their Achilles. They usually play their way out of it tho. Their defence is actually very average. Kyle Walker is just pace- he’s braindead as a footballer.

Pep will be seething today… Especially as images surface of his players laughing after full time

He showed admirable grace and restraint

Utd didnt rip into them. Sat deep and played on the counter. Decent tactics for such a poor team.

Mainoo and Garnacho played in a youth cup final two seasons ago. Everything at United starts with a good youth team.

2 Likes

Has the mood music changed around Ten Hag?

He has started to play to the strengths of the players he has available to him rather than the style he wants. That’s a start.

When did he start?

When he stopped playing one the the middle and getting completely overrun. So about three games ago.

If ten can kick on and slot is any use… You’re probably looking at ten years of Liverpool and United going at now with the two best crop of youngsters in the league

I said on the utd thread 2 weeks ago if City played like they did against the spuds then Utd would win yesterday. The teams who moan about 115 charges and play for draws against them are beaten before the whistle.
Happy to get second place trophies however and laugh at clubs who win actual trophies

1 Like

Pure class

1 Like

Fair play to Haaland trying to get an autograph there

I think he’s patting the united player on the back?

That 16 year old 5’6" kobie fella literally bullied him off the park there yesterday- pep was actually pleading for mercy at one stage.

Farmers tan or were you one of the lads with the top off

First time ever two teenagers scored goals in an fa cup final.

La Carrington is really producing them now.

Imagine the youth academy is ran on the equivalent of victor lindelofs yearly salary.

Crazy.