The marriage difficulties and auld GAA lads from Craobh thread

Oooofffttt

Someone pick @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy up off the floor

1 Like

13 Likes

Main Beach or Sunshine? Spent a fair bit of time on both.

Iā€™d gladly spend a few hours on the deck of the surf Life saving club there smashing prawns, calamari and a bucket of beer.

See does this trick work on them too

Little cove is rhe new big thing mate

Yamba is where I canā€™t get to quick enough and wonā€™t leave when I finally do

1 Like

South East France, about an hour north of Barcelona. Grand set up. One of these euro camp jobs (3 bed chalet) , weā€™ve done a few of them, perfect for the age the kids are at. Renting a car and heading up the Pyrenees for a look shortly.

8 Likes

Beautiful spot. Enjoy the trip.

1 Like

We were in one of those about an hour north of Barca but weā€™re were still in Spain.A fine job when youā€™ve young kids

1 Like

Pissing on the great barrier reef I believe

Enjoy the holidays @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

2 Likes

Heā€™s a great man to advocate green policies until one of them inconveniences him a smidge. His chutzpah is staggering but ultimately heā€™s been undone by his hubris.

Weā€™ll have to take his musings on all matters green and indeed all matters around football crowds with a large pinch of expensively flown in salt.

La sirene? Brasilia? I know you wouldnt be mad about taking holiday recommendations of me but i have a fewā€¦ if youā€™re looking for a beautiful town to visit hit Coulliere. Its one of the nicest towns ive ever been in. Bring togs and bread to feed the fish in the tiny bay round the back of the church/castle on the sea. You can climb the hills around it for views but equally just rock up and get lost in the streets looking at art (famous art town) and eating nice linches in fancy restaurants on the sea. We try to go there every time we are in that area (mrs Jā€™s folks have a place near perpignan).
We also did a savage sea kayaking tour off banyuls sur mere.
Presume the campsite is rocking but if the kids get board theres good climbing centre (a decent set of tracks through trees and then a water skiing place nearby too, or a seaside fishing town where they sell all the fish immediately off the boat cooked/uncooked depending on your taste. Thereā€™s also a tonne of windsurfing/paddleboard places around there.

Collioure

7 Likes

Ah stop. I cant believe its not real. Youā€™ll be telling me he doesnā€™t work in the yacht club next.

1 Like

Thatā€™s it. Thanks for the tips.

1 Like

Itā€™s made me feel a lot better about renting a pickup truck in Vegas later in the year anyway

Iā€™d a lovely exchange with a very fraught ex (II)there the other morning. When picking up the kids i pointed out that the young fella would need shoes and socks before he could be considered ready to go to school. I then helpfully provided her with the information that the socks went on first.
Iā€™d a lovely warm feeling as i fled the scene.

1 Like

Thanks for that. Mrs Pox was on about some camp there the other day. Sheā€™s planning next year already.

Driving up the side of the pyranees with 3 young kids in a left hand drive and the hate beating off the windscreen and cyclists and motor homes everywhere sounds like just the thing to bring down the blood pressure and repair marital relations :lying_face::lying_face::lying_face::lying_face:

10 Likes

Iā€™ve been that man! Up to villefranche and prades with you @KinvarasPassion

2 Likes