The marriage difficulties and auld GAA lads from Craobh thread

The kids whining non-stop cos theyā€™ve been dragged away from the pool for the day :laughing:

2 Likes

Sock sock shoe shoe

OR

Sock shoe sock shoe

My lovely wife is currently suffering with the covid and is in a self imposed isolation in the spare room. The ā€œpatients bellā€ has been replaced by her phone. I got a message this morning after Iā€™d spent an hour dressing and feeding the kids and pulling together the variety of acrutrements needed for school sports day suggesting the young lad was wearing a jacket that was a bit too warm and I should reconsiderā€¦clearly she was doing a recce out the window to make sure Iā€™d done the job right

10 Likes

Daaaaaaad why are all them cars beeping at you

Id be afraid of starting a row with that sort of interference

An oul pal called in earlier; an incorrigible rouge, great businessman, deadly man for the ladiesā€¦a decent, open hearted, generous soul at the bottom of it all. He left the wife a few years ago- kids were reared and he couldnā€™t stick another day of confinementā€¦ of course heā€™d been absolutely faithful, in his own way. He set her up nicely and went on his very merry way

Despite his faithfulness heā€™d been having regular dalliances with a local girl- nothing in particular to be said for her imho, other than looks, a high handed manner and some notions.
Anyhow, he buys himself a nice old dishevelled farmhouse with twenty acres, renovates it and turns it into a a gem of a place. In moves yer woman. By accident or design she creates a little jealousy by keeping her old house. He professes love and tells her to sell it and move in with him permanently. Following some (token?) resistance she does so- but not before extracting some guarantee that, after seven years of togetherness, sheā€™ll co-own everythingā€¦this is in or around two years ago. So thereā€™s the two of them sitting pretty with his extensive property portfolio, and a new des res.

Anyhow. Christmas day. My mate overhears her mother chiding her for selling her house. She assures her mother that all ā€˜thisā€™ will be hers in two years. The mother reminds her that itā€™s seven yearsā€¦the daughter however assures her that the seven years of togetherness started from their first dalliance.
My mate is scrambling to find the ejector button.

21 Likes

He had it all and risked it.

1 Like

He got dĆŗgĆ­n foolish

2 Likes

Isnā€™t he fortunate he overheard the conversation.

1 Like

Never heard that word before. I can make out what you mean but a first for me.

Time for a younger model. Is it in writing that she has a claim?

Twenty acres. Be the holyā€¦.

Wot??

1 Like

Iā€™m glad you deleted it.

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Chiding. Itā€™s what comes after the riding.

Some lads have no wit

1 Like

The great thing about having fuck all, is you never need to worry about losing it or that anyone is with you for it

2 Likes

This phrase always amuses me.

1 Like