The Marty Morrissey is a swordsman thread

Marty loved his hardhouse back in the day

5 Likes

That bit of information changes my impression immediately.

Marty is a far better commentator than Ger Canning anyway.

And he knows the words to ā€˜dreamsā€™ā€¦

1 Like

Marty is an honorary Limerickman. Never said a word out of place post Limerickā€™s A I win last year. He performed fantastically and let his good character shine through. A terrific guy. :+1:

Was getting well paid for it Iā€™m sure he does the same schitck at any paying gig it was the one sour note having him on that stage. Liam Aherne or Matt O Callaghan should have been asked.

1 Like

Youā€™re harsh on Marty there. Iā€™ve been to a couple of events that Marty got handsomely paid for but when his " aul act" is over he has plenty of time for everyone, not like a few I could name that couldnā€™t wait to get their greasy paws on the cash and head away as fast as their 2 legs could carry them

2 Likes

Heā€™s on the Late Late show shortly. What a line-up of cuntsā€¦

Look, he did extremely well with the hand of cards he was dealt. Typical Irish begrudging his bit of success. At least he injects a bit of passion into his commentary and knows a bit about the games, unlike that utterly annoying boring cunt who still gets most of the big games.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve decided to give him another chance

3 Likes

He was a very handy corner forward. Heā€™s a very nice chap.

Charlie Carter?

1 Like

So is Joan Burton

3 Likes

Here pal, allowing for the allocated dose of poor-mouthery that attaches to the likes of Marty, heā€™s an insufferable self-centred dose of scour.

He belongs in that superb Kenneth Graham novel of my younger days ā€œThe wind in the willowsā€. Marty is the fucking epitome of Toad of Toad Hall. Unctuous fits the bill.

Hanging and will hang unto the RTE teat. An example of Gombeenism at itā€™s finest.

5 Likes

You have this totally wrong

Harsh.

you can see how the auld shtick would annoy a few lads, but it is only an act, heā€™s a very decent man

2 Likes

They probably see a bit of themselves in his character.

2 Likes

Marty wheeled out the wife of a work colleague of mine on to the dance floor at a function recently and whilst it all started off as a bit of harmless fun your man started to sweat when there was no sign of her leaving the floor.

He has something about him.

3 Likes

natural charisma

1 Like