8)

:D[/quote]

Now that just makes no sense

:smiley:

:rolleyes:

:smiley:

:rolleyes:

:D[/quote]

Don’t worry about it whiskey, sure even if you got through to them it wouldn’t do you any good. The best thing is to just forget about it before things get even worse, which they almost certainly will no matter how hard we try.

I agree aswell, my cousins are from the uk and when the topic comes up they say their just keeping their head down doing what they have to do and trying to be positive, pity the irish couldnt follow. Fed up reading newspapers the same shite in it everyday. On the point of irish people i also find we have a terrible problem with pissing on our own i saw it mentioned in another thread think it was u2 and i think its spot on, im not a major u2 fan by any means but i think they’ve done great things for ireland, as have many others, but people dont notice that they just focus on the negativity.

i can’t let this pass-
What exactly have U2 done for Ireland that is great?

we can’t be that pessimistic when the whole country owes their bollox !!..surely everyone was too optimistic in thinking they could live to what has turned out to be an unrealistic and unsustainable level…now that the facts show we are fcuked doesn’t mean we are pessimistic…just more aware…and in some cases badly burnt…

no we didn’t, if anything we talked ourselves into a “celtic tiger” i.e every cost spiralling out of control, lives mortgaged to the hilt and all about greed with nothing substantial to back it up

this recession was always gonna happen

[quote=“artfoley”]no we didn’t, if anything we talked ourselves into a “celtic tiger” i.e every cost spiralling out of control, lives mortgaged to the hilt and all about greed with nothing substantial to back it up

this recession was always gonna happen[/quote]

Did we talk ourselves into the Celtic Tiger or talk our way out of it. Or both? Or is all this “talk” stuff distracting us from the fact that every institution in the state fanned the flames of this whole fiasco and are handing us the firehose.

I’m with Sledge’s plan on this one - drink at every opportunity.
Fuck with “recession” talk, when there’s blood on the streets it’s time to worry.

[quote=“Boxtyeater”]I’m with Sledge’s plan on this one - drink at every opportunity.
Fuck with “recession” talk, when there’s blood on the streets it’s time to worry.[/quote]

We can’t all get by on potato cake.

Sky News just had a clip on what the RECESSION means for YOU.

Almost a year too late but sure cash in on it and keep everyone scared.

It had clips from several different people saying ‘recession’ so by the end of the ad all that was in your head was ‘recession’.

Now that is being negative.

I am going to put the session into recession.

Yes, I know I know

[quote=“Sledgehammer”]I am going to put the session into recession.

Yes, I know I know[/quote]

get your coat

Fooking nicer than your coat. Or is my coat your coat

[quote=“Sledgehammer”]I am going to put the session into recession.

Yes, I know I know[/quote]

Thsi was all terribly depressing until I read Sledge’s genius there. I’ve been laughing me bollix off for the last 5 minutes.

You’re a credit to tha nation Sledge, fuck the begrudgers