The Next McGeady?

Leeds are actually in League One rather than The Championship, Puke.

Soon to be championship bandage, hav you not been keeping tabs on the form on the best centre forward partnership outside the EPL Becchio and Beckford?

Very handy time to get promoted if it happens Puke. League 1 will be very difficult to get out of next season with big boys Charlton, Norwich and Southampton coming down (although it’s true we do have more league titles than all three of them put together).

I wasn’t a fan of Grayson when he first took over but he has Leeds motoring nicely and playing decent football by all accounts…There are a few decent young lads in the squad and if he can get us promoted with the addition of two or 3 more experienced championship players I don’t think that we would be far off making the playoffs in the championship next season…A centre half and ball playing centre midfielder wouldn’t go astray

Ssshhhhh, don’t jinx it Puke

From The Daily Ranger so treat with caution:

CELTIC are set to make Hamilton star James McCarthy the highest-paid teenager in Scottish football history.

Record Sport understands the Parkhead club are willing to pay the 18-year-old close to 10,000 a week.

And that has promoted them to the head of the queue of clubs chasing the starlet.

Hamilton have already dismissed Portsmouth’s offer of 400,000, as revealed by Record Sport but Celtic could benefit because McCarthy wants to go to Parkhead.

It emerged last night that the player would prefer a move to the current SPL champions rather than Tottenham, Middlesbrough or Portsmouth.

Last night McCarthy’s agent Willie McKay said: "James knows there is interest from England, but he’s made it clear he would love to play for Celtic.

“I’m sure they would be prepared to pay what would be a lot of money for a teenager.”

Would love to see it happen but with the abuse he’s already taken in Scotland I’m not sure how likely it is.

He’s a bit like Brown in his box to box style so not sure how well he fits into the current team but he’d certainly be a welcome addition to the squad.

A massive step down from the Barcelonas and Bayern Munichs that were ‘linked’ with him.

As I say, it’s the Daily Ranger so that carries its own inherent health warning. Who knows what’s going on? But Spurs, Portsmouth and 'Boro would indeed be a big step down from the likes of Barca, Celtic and Bayern Munich.

it just shows you the value of tradition is to a club…serious coup for Celtic is they got him ahead of them clubs…

[quote=“The Puke”]Soon to be championship bandage, hav you not been keeping tabs on the form on the best centre forward partnership outside the EPL Becchio and Beckford?

[/QUOTE]

Messi, Henry, Eto’o anyone ?

Interesting, they’ve been good alright but with injuries and rotation and everything I’m just not sure they’ve been in the same class as Beckford and his mate at Leeds.

Fixed that for you.

Do you reckon Man City would be interested

Hamilton Accies have rejected Celtic’s bid for McCarthy.

I dare say an improved offer will be forthcoming

500k, surely the next big thing is worth more than that?

Anthony Stokes blew the SPL apart at Falkirk and failed miserably elsewhere. Therefore I would be wary of judging McCarthy based on performances in the SPL.

It would be silly to project one single example in isolation onto McCarthy. He could continue developing strongly or he may very well stagnate - it’s too early to tell. But he has definite ability and potential so I hope he progresses as I always like to see the Irish diaspora thrive.

Would agree that he has ability and as a fan of the Irish international side I would have an interest in how one of our younger players progresses.

But he has hardly blown the SPL away at the same time. He plays in a very poor side which has to be taken into account but I would think Liam Miller and Keith Fahey are a decent bit ahead of him at the same time. Yes he is only 18/19 but the SPL is genuinely such a poor standard (as admitted by fans of it recently here) he really should be dominating already. I hope I’m proved wrong but I think this lad has been hyped to the eyeballs without a whole lot to back it up.

[quote=“KIB man”]Would agree that he has ability and as a fan of the Irish international side I would have an interest in how one of our younger players progresses.

But he has hardly blown the SPL away at the same time. He plays in a very poor side which has to be taken into account but I would think Liam Miller and Keith Fahey are a decent bit ahead of him at the same time. Yes he is only 18/19 but the SPL is genuinely such a poor standard (as admitted by fans of it recently here) he really should be dominating already. I hope I’m proved wrong but I think this lad has been hyped to the eyeballs without a whole lot to back it up.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever seen him play?

Couple of times - didnt make much of an impression. Kept mixing up with some McAndrews or something that looks like him. Neither were great.

I was expecting him to be running the game.