The Nick Kyrgios Appreciation Thread

signing in

1 Like

Signing in, This terrific young man will become my favourite tennis player when Roger retires.

Good day for the home players with both Kyrgios and Tomic beating seeded opponents in Karlovic and Kohlschreiber to advance to Round 3.

I’ve had a modest wager on Nick the Greek for the Championship. Currently available at 40/1.

Nick the Great

I think the real point of the matter here is what does she look like, and well

1 Like

Is that a resounding “meh”?

It is in its hole.

Alright I’ve had a further look. She’s daycent alright. Your picture selection was rushed and inconclusive.

1 Like

Nick the prick making a show of himself again.

Tremendous goading.

Outstanding from the brother as well :clap:

That sentiment was echoed by Nick’s elder brother Christos, who said on Australian radio that Nick’s comments needed to be taken into context with previous incidents between the two players. “Stan openly said after their match at Queen’s that Nick was faking injury and that he wasn’t even sick,” he told Triple M.

“If you’re going to come and openly, it’s not even sledging, that’s openly slandering someone after a match, then you can expect a bit of sledging back.”

But Christos courted further controversy when he was cut off midway through the interview before a further colourful comment about Vekic went to air. “Sorry, we’ve just had to dump Christos. He said something pretty crook,” co-host Chris Page said.

However, Christos subsequently posted his comments on his own Facebook page. “So just did a media interview for Nick [Kyrgios]. Said Donna [Vekic] obviously loved the ‘kokk’ [sic]. They cut my interview and said its the worst thing they have ever heard on air. Ah cheers.”

1 Like

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/shows/merrick-and-australia/blog/2015/8/audio-christos-dumped-on-triple-m-sydneys-grill-team/

Nick is a big Tyrone fan I hear.

Ah Nick the prick is not happy that the lovely Donna told him to fuck off when he tried it on with her. Glad to see the cunt got boo’d on and off the court last night. Good riddance to the prick.

The family of controversial tennis star Nick Kyrgios has rallied in the Australian’s defence, saying his sledge at Swiss grand slam champion Stanislas Wawrinka needed to be taken in its full context.

But his brother Christos poured fuel on the controversy by publicising a further derogatory comment about Wawrinka’s girlfriend, Donna Vekic, after a radio station prevented it being broadcast.

Kyrgios muttered on-court on Wednesday that “[Thanasi] Kokkinakis banged your girlfriend. Sorry to tell you that mate,” midway through the pair’s second-round Rogers Cup match in Montreal.

The sledge, aimed at Wawrinka and his girlfriend, Vekic, earned Kyrgios a hefty fine from the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP), while further sanctions have reportedly not been ruled out. “He’s young but that’s no excuse … every match, he behaves very badly,” Wawrinka told reporters after the match, before tweeting, “to [stoop] so low is not only unacceptable but also beyond belief.”

Kyrgios has since apologised to Wawrinka, and issued a public statement. “My comments were made in the heat of the moment and were unacceptable on many levels. I take full responsibility for my actions and regret what happened.”

But Kyrgios’s mother Nill has defended her son, writing “sledge for a sledge” on her personal Twitter account. She later deleted the account.

She said her son’s comments were not the first time he and Wawrinka had exchanged barbs. “It’s not a nice thing to say, it’s not, but you can’t always cop it on the chin from other people without retaliating,” she told Fairfax Media.

That sentiment was echoed by Nick’s elder brother Christos, who said on Australian radio that Nick’s comments needed to be taken into context with previous incidents between the two players. “Stan openly said after their match at Queen’s that Nick was faking injury and that he wasn’t even sick,” he told Triple M.

“If you’re going to come and openly, it’s not even sledging, that’s openly slandering someone after a match, then you can expect a bit of sledging back.”

But Christos courted further controversy when he was cut off midway through the interview before a further colourful comment about Vekic went to air. “Sorry, we’ve just had to dump Christos. He said something pretty crook,” co-host Chris Page said.

Advertisement

However, Christos subsequently posted his comments on his own Facebook page. “So just did a media interview for Nick [Kyrgios]. Said Donna [Vekic] obviously loved the ‘kokk’ [sic]. They cut my interview and said its the worst thing they have ever heard on air. Ah cheers.”

Australia’s Davis Cup captain, Wally Masur, said the controversy had been blown out of proportion, after viewing the on-court footage.

“When I actually saw the incident, what was fairly obvious was that Nick had his back turned to Stan, he was 90 feet away, and he mumbled it under his breath, I mean no way was he actually being confrontational,” he told Fox Sports News.

“It’s just a case of the courtside microphone, which is pretty amazing what it picked up, picked up the audio. It wasn’t the scenario I had in my mind when I read the headlines.”

8-all in the 5th here v Seppi. This has been a ridiculous game.

Seppi breaks! 9-8 and another chance to serve for the match for the Italian.

Hopefully Seppi does it.