Well here are my favourites.

1 Murphys Chip Bar Cork

2 The Golden Fry Cork

3 Tasty Snacks Cork

4 Jackie Lennox’s Cork

5 The Roma Grill Youghal

6 Doyles Chipper Youghal

7 Arrons Takeway Waterford

8 Dooleys Takeaway Waterford [Park Road branch)

9 Dannys Takeaway Waterford

The only chipper i’ve been to in Dublin was Burdocks.

[quote=“Beautiful City, post: 856604, member: 1616”]Well here are my favourites.

1 Murphys Chip Bar Cork

2 The Golden Fry Cork

3 Tasty Snacks Cork

4 Jackie Lennox’s Cork

5 The Roma Grill Youghal

6 Doyles Chipper Youghal

7 Arrons Takeway Waterford

8 Dooleys Takeaway Waterford [Park Road branch)

9 Dannys Takeaway Waterford

The only chipper i’ve been to in Dublin was Burdocks.[/quote]

Where in the fuck is Murphys chip bar sham?

I’d agree with the golden fry, Francis is a mighty woman. No KCs though is a bad miss

Who cares?
No one.

[quote=“dancarter, post: 856643, member: 122”]Where in the fuck is Murphys chip bar sham?

I’d agree with the golden fry, Francis is a mighty woman. No KCs though is a bad miss[/quote]
Jesus I think KC’s is horrendous-got that chips in Pitta thing or whatever the fuck they are renowned for and it was rank. Granted it was in the place they opened in Clonmel a few years ago and not the one in Cork.

[quote=“dancarter, post: 856643, member: 122”]Where in the fuck is Murphys chip bar sham?

I’d agree with the golden fry, Francis is a mighty woman. No KCs though is a bad miss[/quote]

Murphys Chip Bar is on Gerald Griffin Street it’s just up from the north chapel.I find KC’s to be a bit overrated tbh!

Gerald Griffin was a Limerick man. No wonder they put a good chipper on the street.

1 Like

Live picture of the queue outside of kc’s chopper in Douglas, Cork

1 Like

It never fails to amuse me…every night of the week…and it ain’t great.

Mediocre at best. Those cunts are stealing a living.

Strange to think that that many people are shovelling that shit down their necks after 9 at night without drink taken,
Some of what they do is quite good but the reputation is a bit much alright.
Try the flaming pig in the spuds sometime and see what you think, it must have been devised with the ravenous thread in mind.

Beshoffs, Howth

I had the potato pie there a few weeks back and it was great… While I have you on, have you ever had the rebel chilli? The habenaro is serious tack.

Been a few years since I was there but it was always above average to be fair.

I always keep a bottle in my fridge, I’ve picked it up in Bobby byrnes the last couple of times, haven’t had the habanero though. It’s very good.
While I have you on I picked up the breakfast burrito from Brendan’s in Blackrock village this morning, excellent but far too big for one person, love the way they toast it.

It’s bang average for chipper stuff, it’s the other things that make it great sometimes, if I lived in Douglas though I’d be sick shit of it as a lot of the stuff has the same basic taste.
is it Jehovah’s witnesses they are in there, always a friendly welcome, Pat who worked there for years was a stone cold gentleman, passed on recently I think.

I had one and half of princesses one last week when just out of the gym… I didn’t eat for another 10 hours :grin: . If you ever want essentials from the home land like the chilli give me a shout kid… I can drop in a neutral space just in case I was being trailed.

2 Likes

Yeah Jehovah’s

Doubt many get fish and chip in there tho do they? The creole is a Savage creation

Yes young man what would you like young man coming right up young man

1 Like

What’s the story with this chipper, its pure fancy Dan stuff is it as opposed to your straight up fish n chip outlet?