The north/really good looking fellas

Of course! But he is quite articulate and can at times seem quite conciliatory. Him & John O’Dowds had a meeting of minds a few years back on some TV show. He’s also the big country boy, farmer type beloved of unionists.

Blamed themmuns for the North being riddled

1 Like

Poots is probably the biggest cunt of the lot. An unapologetic bigot and up to his neck in corruption.

The son is a chip off the old block too.

1 Like

The DUP are trying to appeal to moderate unionists and fight off the TUV too

1 Like

A strategy that can’t go wrong.

Poots has cancer. He won’t be considered

1 Like

Was that not Christopher stalford?

Arlene thought she could appease the misogynists by being anti-feminism. She was wrong. Never feed a crocodile.

Maybe. I wouldn’t stake my life on it.

The one about kingsmills?

I really can’t remember. But sounds as if you can so I’ll defer to your memory.

Aye. It was stalford/Stafford in wake of the mcelduff carryon. The two of them showed that they should be party leaders

Think it was Poots was it not?

Poots is as bigoted a dinosaur as the DUP have which is probably why he is being so highly tipped.

Would it sit well with the DUP grass roots to have another UUP blow take the reins?

1 Like

I relented and listened to Nolan this morning. I turned on just in time to hear “Jane” condemn Foster for standing beside a gay person. Gayness is against Holy Scripture.
Then Jamie Bwyson condemning the DUP in general for the NI protocol.
There was some sensible input from Alex Kane and a possible leadership candidate who I should have thought of - Gavin Robinson. He’s developed into a very good speaker and usually sounds very rational and sensible. I do remember I’m fairly sure, his first public appearances and he seemed to be from the Sammy Wilson school of scoffing and belittling any opponent so he has matured.
I was reminded that Stalford had attended a GAA match at one time but there’s something of the snake about him for me.

The DUP do not want a rational or sensible leader.

They want a Campbell/Poots/Wilson type dinosaur but I can’t really see any of these guys wanting it. They’d rather hiss from the back seat.

I’m slowly coming round to Nigel Dodds for the gig. He fills most of the criteria:
Experienced
Available
Dour
Bigoted (Very)
Unlikeable
Cunt

1 Like

They reckoned on Nolan that neither Wilson nor Campbell had signed the no confidence letter. WOuld it not be difficult for them to get the necessary support if they’re seen as being allies of Foster? You’re right about Poots. He’s a bigot and a dinosaur so he has a very good chance. Mind you he was being described as a pragmatist on Nolan. If the real issue comes down to the protocol Poots could be in bother as he was responsible for the port checks, though maybe he’s already positioning himself with his withdrawal from a North\South meeting.

1 Like

Edwin Poots name makes me laugh.

Poots

:laughing:

1 Like

Poots is as brazen as they come. The son is a chip off the old block.

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily-mirror-northern-ireland/20201124/281758451840124

1 Like