The north/really good looking fellas

U got it

Currently reading Sean O Callaghan’s book, gives a perspective on ‘southern attitudes’
I suppose when the Nordys started robbing and kidnapping and causing all kinds of shit in the ‘free state’ it’s kind of obvious why attitudes might change

Maybe the Dublin and Monaghan bombings also turned people’s opinions?

CCO’B amended it in 1976 but Gerry Collins, FF Min for P&T, issued first order under S. 31 in 1971.

1 Like

You do realise there were thousands of men from every part of the Republic in the IRA over the period of the 70s/80s/90s? Do you actually think all the kidnappings, robberies etc that were carried out in the Republic were carried out by “Nordys” coming down to the South? Keep reading shep

Two reasonably good books in this area…

A Broad Church: The Provisional IRA in the Republic of Ireland, 1969–1980 | Irish Academic Press

Southside Provisional: From Freedom Fighter to the Four Courts | Orpen Press

Indeed, some 'Well folk doing some of it…

Reading that touts book and believing it🙄 FFS get a grip

Thousands, really? Active Members or Sympathisers? So O Grady was kidnapped by a few boyos from Southill yeah? Shergar from a few lads from Rathkeale?! :rofl:

Thousands of Active Members over the 70s/80s/90s, yes. Very active members. You’ve heard of Gerry McCabe I’m sure, for one example.

Keep reading shep

Yes, I’ve heard of Jerry McCabe, who was the ring leader of that robbery and where was he from? Who’s shep? Is that a Limerick thing

I think it is a Limerick thing. At the last hurling game I was at, the league game against Limerick down in the LIT Gaelic Grounds I was sitting in front of a man called Shep. Up until then I had only ever encountered dogs called Shep.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

There were 4 or 5 lads from Limerick involved in that murder, including the shooter.

Keep reading shep

Were they the same lads that kidnapped Shergar shep? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

If you know who horsenapped Shergar you should be speaking to the Gardai.

2 Likes

Shep thinks the Provos were only in the North, let him alone to his reading

1 Like

I’m not sure his reading skills are up to scratch.

1 Like

He needs to move on from the 5th Class textbook definitely but Shep is coming on the whole time, he’s after learning there that Limerick IRA men carried out a murder in the mid 90s in the Republic, he’s developing

Where did I say I know chief?