The north/really good looking fellas

I think someone referenced the second captains discussion with Andrew trimble and oisin mcconville here before but it’s an interesting listen it’s free on Spotify now. Two moderate enough lads from either side of the fence. Oisin reckons likes of Leo and Micheal and southerners in general don’t want the people of the North and if so we can fuck off he doesn’t want us either.

1 Like

Robin Swann has done a good job with covid. He’d be the media choice

1 Like

Swanny resigned the leadership before.

1 Like

He seems a dour technocratic type but seems a decent sort . He is better than either of our health ministers since Covid

He’s an utter gobshite, as an insidious wee power hungry twerp as ever stood on a box to reach a podium. He resigned the leadership to spend more time with his family his hole. He resigned because it’s a hiding to nothing and he wasn’t even up to that. When the health ministry came up he jumped at it without a thought about his family.
Himself and that maire louise connolly making doe eyes at one another would sicken you…not to mention his plague of biblical proportions, his hammed up ulster Scots accent and his grave pronouncements about how he had to take brave decisions even if it made him unpawwpyerler

5 Likes

Yes, Charlie was quite the radical way back when. Here he is besideTariq Ali at the funeral of Saor Eire leader Peter Graham.

2 Likes

That’s the first time I’ve seen a colour snap of it

1 Like

Seems I was in the same submarine. The interview was about a call for the Chief Constable to resign. Was that over the Storey funeral?

1 Like

That’s the one, basically he called for him to resign but couldn’t point to a single thing he’d done wrong or could have done differently

1 Like

61PAuTt28vL.AC_SY1000

1 Like

Very good book.

Yes, very much so, I think.

Some incidental material, such as the Stickies’ macho love of martial arts, is telling.

Eoghan Harris’ fluffer.

1 Like

I was woken up by the sound of gunshots in 1975. It was an assassination attempt on Seamus Costello in Waterford.

1 Like

The parents of a close friend of mine in UCD days were tight with Séamus Costello. Heard a lot about those times…

I’d say Harris wrote that.

Yes, he did, by osmosis.

Frank Ross dirtied his bib with a lot of good folk leading up to his death

Deadly Divisions by Henry McDonald is a great complimentary read to that book.