The Official All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2013 Thread

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 811910, member: 273”]Absolute bollix. Cork have a serious team. I know for a fact they are a few players not happy and it’s reflected in performance. When you lose faith in a coach you start doing things like quite a few players did today. On top of that you have a manager who is willing to let his old foot soldiers get roasted out there when everyone can see they shouldn’t be playing.

Can you explain to me Kelly not playing? It’s utterly farcical.[/quote]
Look Kev, Cork were arguably carrying about 4 players today. Players who have served Cork well but their best days are behind them.

Some of the younger lads are just not up to the required standard at this point in time.

Kelly, I believe was injured for a large part of year. Maybe he is not showing enough in training since he returned?

Look at that Dublin team and the players they brought on. They are at a far superior level overall to their Cork counterparts.

How many of the Cork team would start on that Dublin team?

[quote=“the man himself, post: 811913, member: 1766”]Do you think Cahalane never kicked a 45 before today or something.

Idiot.[/quote]

No he wasn’t Turenne, togged out, did warm up, not used.

[quote=“tazdedub, post: 811915, member: 312”]We were awful today. If we play like that the next we will be beaten.[/quote]they didn’t need to be at their best today, Cork are a very average football team

Here’s looking forward to Connolly celebrating this win like he did this night 12 months ago :pint:

…are you for real? His leg is completely fucked, why did you think he didn’t come on?

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 811918, member: 273”]You haven’t a notion Fenway. The dubs are not that good. Serious deficiencies in full back line, 4 forwards not scoring, a dreadful centre back.

On positives midfield was dominant, Killkenny stuck to his task and finished very well.[/quote]
Kev, every team has weaknesses. That Dublin team have far more strengths which more than offsets any of these weaknesses that you perceive they have.

[quote=“fenwaypark, post: 811920, member: 276”]Look Kev, Cork were arguably carrying about 4 players today. Players who have served Cork well but their best days are behind them.

Some of the younger lads are just not up to the required standard at this point in time.

Kelly, I believe was injured for a large part of year. Maybe he is not showing enough in training since he returned?

Look at that Dublin team and the players they brought on. They are at a far superior level overall to their Cork counterparts.

How many of the Cork team would start on that Dublin team?[/quote]

Shields, Sheehan, maybe Hurley at a stretch.

ah Fenway, cut the wumming out will you FFS:D, you’re at it all though the thread on the game tonight
a joy to watch they most certainly are not , they beat a very disorganised mess of a Cork team tonight only just, their full back line is very weak and they are totally reliant on a goalkeeper for scores, Kerry will hammer them on 1st september…

Kev is having a mare today.

Exactly

Fuck off turenne you utter cunt.

[quote=“fenwaypark, post: 811920, member: 276”]Look Kev, Cork were arguably carrying about 4 players today. Players who have served Cork well but their best days are behind them.

How many of the Cork team would start on that Dublin team?[/quote]

On recent form

Shields
Clancy
Goulding,
Sheehan
Hurley

If playing regularly

Kelly
Kerrigan

Kelly came on the last day and had an immediate impact. He is the most creative No.11 in the country over last 5 years.

So somewhere between 5 and 7. Till tonight I would have O Neill ahead of O’ Sullivan an Walsh if he wanted to he would be on any team in Ireland.

They were superior tonight, but Cork nearly ended up with as many goal chances.

It’s a shame this Cork team will have been wasted the way they have been.

[quote=“mickee321, post: 811927, member: 367”]ah Fenway, cut the wumming out will you FFS:D, you’re at it all though the thread on the game tonight
a joy to watch they most certainly are not , they beat a very disorganised mess of a Cork team tonight only just, their full back line is very weak and they are totally reliant on a goalkeeper for scores, Kerry will hammer them on 1st september…[/quote]
I’m deadly serious Mickee.

http://balls.ie/gaa/video-joe-brolly-rant-about-sean-cavanagh/ Here’s the Joe Brolly rant if anybody hasn’t seen it.

Colm O’Rourke and the panel in agreement here, a 5 point annihilation, i.e Dublin should have won this by 15 or 20 points at their leisure, completely dominant and never under pressure.

prediction for tomorrow

Kerry 3-21 Cavan 0-7
Mayo 1-14 Donegal 0-10

Fair play to the dubs they are the team to beat we’ll see what mayo and Kerry look like tomorrow

@PaORourke89: Connolly looks like he’s got something on his mind? #CourtInTheMorning

:popcorn:

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 811932, member: 273”]On recent form

Shields
Clancy
Goulding,
Sheehan
Hurley

If playing regularly

Kelly
Kerrigan

Kelly came on the last day and had an immediate impact. He is the most creative No.11 in the country over last 5 years.

So somewhere between 5 and 7. Till tonight I would have O Neill ahead of O’ Sullivan an Walsh if he wanted to he would be on any team in Ireland.

They were superior tonight, but Cork nearly ended up with as many goal chances.

It’s a shame this Cork team will have been wasted the way they have been.[/quote]

Sheehan is the only player that would make the Dublin Squad pal

Perceive ? It’s obvious to anyone who has an ounce of a football head.

If course most teams have weaknesses, but “great” teams don’t really have many. And people are over rating these dubs, that’s been my point for the year.