The Official All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2013 Thread

My highlight of the day was when David Brady said he didn’t condone eamon mcgee as a person.

You are making no sense whatsoever Mac. Go to bed.

The first mixture of Provincial winners and a qualifier in a few years in the semis.

2012 and 2011 were all Provincial winners.
2010 were all qualifiers.

Since he got the Celtic job.

[quote=“dodgy-keeper, post: 812484, member: 1552”]My issues with Tyrone

• systematic fouling. Happy to take the yellow cards to stop momentum building.

• Their general demeanour. Time wasting, not retreating for frees, feigning injury, exaggerating injury, verbals on and off the ball, looking to intimidate refs and officials etc.

• Conor Gormley. See above.

• Mickey Harte. Had huge sympathy for the man when he suffered such a tragic loss with his daughter. Horrendous thing to go through. However in recent times he is constantly sticking his nose into everything - the Brian Carthy affair, the abortion debate (ffs), his feud with RTE etc. Well able to act the man of God when it suits, well able to be contrary when it suits too. Ultimately he is responsible for the Tyrone team and the repeated cynical tactics and actions of any team are a reflection of their manager.[/quote]

Post of the year.

career guidance for the youth team isnt a prestigious job at all

+1

Its bizarre GGA fans wetting themselves because cattenaccio is being used by a team- 50 years after football some bogman is seen as a genius for playiong it

Well it was spur of the moment, but still based on a collection of thoughts I had about his role recently.

For All Ireland champions that was dreadful. Did he over train them ( which it seems like), did he play injured players etc. he made an absolute clown of himself last week as did his co-manager and was shown to be a hypocrite.

But on top of that for himself, where is he going to bring them? Donegal don’t produce regular influxes of underage stars so replenishing the team would be very difficult. Some of the key players are pushing on (McFadden, Kavanagh, McGee). That kind of size, craft and experience takes years to develop, especially in counties with low numbers. Not to mention his Celtic job which has to be affected both ways. They are also playing division 2 next year, another disadvantage. I just wonder where they can go from that hammering.

Cork and Dublin have taken hammerings and come back and won the All-Ireland but they were always a team building. This is different.

Of course 12 months ago before he got involved with Celtic I doubt you’d have passed any comment.

Did ye see in the Sindo twas sayin that Gallagher tried to claim quotes were off the record, which means it’s what he meant, but didn’t want you to hear… so it wasn’t mind game he was just mental!

Badly taken & woefully executed, just like you’re attempts to fix my request to fix the QUOTE function. You CUNT!

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 812653, member: 273”]Well it was spur of the moment, but still based on a collection of thoughts I had about his role recently.

For All Ireland champions that was dreadful. Did he over train them ( which it seems like), did he play injured players etc. he made an absolute clown of himself last week as did his co-manager and was shown to be a hypocrite.

But on top of that for himself, where is he going to bring them? Donegal don’t produce regular influxes of underage stars so replenishing the team would be very difficult. Some of the key players are pushing on (McFadden, Kavanagh, McGee). That kind of size, craft and experience takes years to develop, especially in counties with low numbers. Not to mention his Celtic job which has to be affected both ways. They are also playing division 2 next year, another disadvantage. I just wonder where they can go from that hammering.

Cork and Dublin have taken hammerings and come back and won the All-Ireland but they were always a team building. This is different.

Of course 12 months ago before he got involved with Celtic I doubt you’d have passed any comment.[/quote]

You are giving his role in Celtic too much credit

He works with the youth team, he isnt allowed close to the proper team

in 20, 30 & 40 years time 2013 will be remembered as an epic season and one that is a benchmark for a changing of the guard along with a re-assessment of football systems.

Mayo and limerick both to end a 5time losing sequence. Dublin lose both finals

[quote=“ciarancareyshurlingarmy, post: 812664, member: 464”]in 20, 30 & 40 years time 2013 will be remembered as an epic season and one that is a benchmark for a changing of the guard along with a re-assessment of football systems.

Mayo and limerick both to end a 5time losing sequence. Dublin lose both finals[/quote]

GGA hyperbole at its worse, its no longer tactics,its systems, FFS

its basically some teams are defensive others are attacking yet GGA heads try to polish their turd once more

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 812653, member: 273”]Well it was spur of the moment, but still based on a collection of thoughts I had about his role recently.

Of course 12 months ago before he got involved with Celtic I doubt you’d have passed any comment.[/quote]
I think you’ll find plenty of posts from me on McGuinness from long before he got the Celtic job. He’s not alone in intercounty management in being in gainful employment either. He’s in a fortunate position that there’s some crossover between his work and the Donegal job but I don’t think that’s a huge issue either way.

It’s reactionary nonsense to suggest a guy who has transformed football in his county should resign after one defeat, no matter how abject the performance was. Whether he should resign because they have no potential is another matter but that’s not what you were originally suggesting.

And talking about key players pushing on without acknowledging the age of McHugh and McBrearty and Murphy etc is a touch selective. Managers tend to assess the current panel of players available to them anyway. Why would he resign now because Donegal might not produce players for a few years? Would that not be more incentive to get more out of these players?

[quote=“ciarancareyshurlingarmy, post: 812664, member: 464”]in 20, 30 & 40 years time 2013 will be remembered as an epic season and one that is a benchmark for a changing of the guard along with a re-assessment of football systems.

Mayo and limerick both to end a 5time losing sequence. Dublin lose both finals[/quote]

“changing of the gaurd” - would you go away and fuck off

as i said before, if they win it , give the MOTM a holiday for 2 in the Maldives, that’ll soften the cunts

What turned a lot of people off them is when they started calling themselves Hunegal. That was the end for me anyway.

[quote=“dodgy-keeper, post: 812478, member: 1552”]Ideally Mayo will play shite against Tyrone and win a war of attrition by 0-09 to 0-08 while Dublin will hammer Kerry on the other side by 15 points.

Dubs hype machine will take over and Mayo can sneak in under the radar before the final. :cool:

Really hope Mayo go on and win it now. To be honest it’s anyone but those Tyrone cunts at this stage though. All the other three teams would come out and try and play football if they reached the final, Tyrone would just seek to stifle, smother, block and prevent any football breaking out. :mad:[/quote]

i disagree
Mayo will beat Tyrone, pulling up .
The GAH are under pressure from the media now and id say you could see Tyrone finsh with 13 men,
in the hurling last week the ref had no qualms in putting Shefflin off, a thing that would never have happened from 2002 - 2012. The Refs just got sick of KK and under pressure from the CCCC, GAC, RTE or whoever runs the championships just had enough of the cunts and sent him off… its all about setting an example and showing whose in charge. Cody’s “playing on the edge” shite that in fairness was christened upon by RTE eventually caught up with the cunts… Cody gave Marty a bit of lip a few years back, similarly Mickey Harte messing with RTE over Brian Carthy will catch up with him, RTE will win in the end.
I can see the ref riding Tyrone in a sick Stuart Hall type sense and taking advantage of every opportunity he is given to screw them, Mayo by 8+ i think with Cavanagh getting the line and Mickey Harte been sent off for dissent.
In the other game i fully expect Kerry to beat dublin .
Mayo will then bottle the final per tradition

Your’e an optimistic sort mickee321 aren’t you?

[quote=“Rocko, post: 812672, member: 1”]I think you’ll find plenty of posts from me on McGuinness from long before he got the Celtic job. He’s not alone in intercounty management in being in gainful employment either. He’s in a fortunate position that there’s some crossover between his work and the Donegal job but I don’t think that’s a huge issue either way.

It’s reactionary nonsense to suggest a guy who has transformed football in his county should resign after one defeat, no matter how abject the performance was. Whether he should resign because they have no potential is another matter but that’s not what you were originally suggesting.

And talking about key players pushing on without acknowledging the age of McHugh and McBrearty and Murphy etc is a touch selective. Managers tend to assess the current panel of players available to them anyway. Why would he resign now because Donegal might not produce players for a few years? Would that not be more incentive to get more out of these players?[/quote]

It’s all very relevant and he should not continue for a number of reasons. The young players are good but wouldn’t have done it without the older lads. Murphy for instance has shown poor leadership this year compared to last.

It’s 3 years Rocko, his plan was for 5 anyway I think. But you’ll often find with limited resources in amateur sport these days 3-4 years is the max anyone can get out of a team.

I doubt he’ll leave, he’ll want to re-address yesterday. But I can’t see him bringing them back any better. I was someone who thought he would be successful (even if they didn’t win All Ireland) this year, but he completely misjudged the year and went too hard too early. But bigger than that I think he must have lost some of the dressing room, well him and Gallagher combined. Their carry on was beyond stupid and Horan was literally laughing at them, all if the GAA world is. I think they have undermined themselves.

It’s the coaches job to motivate an to build hunger. It’s a big part of it. He said they were going to evolve. They haven’t. This year would be a pretty big failure when you add relegation.