The Official All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2013 Thread

You have a point, and it is flawed. But so are Kerry. It’s really a case of, like always to an extent, of playing to your strengths and attacking their weaknesses. It’s even more specific for Kerry though. They can’t go out and say (like Mayo/Dublin can this year, Donegal last) “we’re playing our way, we don’t care about the opposition”. It has to be more Tyrone (without the bull shit) approach, every game is different, we pick and play accordingly.

I wouldn’t disagree. Horse for courses approach is what Fitz is going for anyway I’d say

[quote="caoimhaoin, post: 814080, member: 273

Despite the arguments here to the contray, Dublin are vulnerable to high ball inside. But it can’t be pure ignorant ball in. This is not something Kerry do anyway, it’s usually pretty measured.
.[/quote]

that’s why I think Kerry have a great chance against dubs…I think gooch will ping ball in behind Dublin fullback line…Donaghy is very unselfish and no matter how bad he’s going can still win a shitload of ball…they have a month to get the blanket defence in order and in O’ Neill a coach who has had his teams peaking in August before…50/50 game

[quote=“scumpot, post: 814145, member: 182”][quote="caoimhaoin, post: 814080, member: 273

Despite the arguments here to the contray, Dublin are vulnerable to high ball inside. But it can’t be pure ignorant ball in. This is not something Kerry do anyway, it’s usually pretty measured.
.[/quote]

that’s why I think Kerry have a great chance against dubs…I think gooch will ping ball in behind Dublin fullback line…Donaghy is very unselfish and no matter how bad he’s going can still win a shitload of ball…they have a month to get the blanket defence in order and in O’ Neill a coach who has had his teams peaking in August before…50/50 game[/quote]

Be super surprised if they stick with Star after last day, your point is right, but would work better with Donoghue than Donaghy

Oooft. Conor Gormley has been banned for the semi-final against Mayo following the high jinks at half time in the Monaghan game.

Rudi will be seething. Mayo will walk this.

I imagine Tyrone will now boycott the match and Mayo will advance to the final by default.

That’s a disgrace and a big blow to us. We’ll just have to try and do it without him now.

I think it would be a lovely gesture if Joe Brolly made the play to get him off with the CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC.

Monaghan must be seething. Should have played most of the second half against 12 men.

12?

Penrose
Gormley
Cavanagh

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 817378, member: 24”]Penrose
Gormley
Cavanagh[/quote]
But Cavanagh didnt do anything to warrant a red card?

He deliberately pulled Darren Hughes down from the front after Hughes had made a fair tackle and should have got a yellow card for it under Rule 5:19:

5:19 To pull down an opponent
PENALTY FOR THE ABOVE FOULS -
(i) Caution the offender; order off for
second cautionable foul.

He should also have got a separate yellow card for the same incident under Rule 5:25

5.25 To attempt to achieve an advantage by
feigning a foul or injury.
PENALTY FOR ABOVE FOUL -
(i) Caution offender; order off for second
cautionable foul.

So Cavanagh should have been gone halfway through the first half.

[quote=“Sidney, post: 817431, member: 183”]He deliberately pulled Darren Hughes down from the front after Hughes had made a fair tackle and should have got a yellow card for it under Rule 5:19:

He should also have got a separate yellow card for the same incident under Rule 5:25

So Cavanagh should have been gone halfway through the first half.[/quote]
Questionable yellows at best but I see your point. Farmer however was no doubt referring to the singular yellow card offence which was not a sending off in its own right.

The GGA are doing their utmost to shaft Tyrone here and subsequently this years All Ireland Champions will no doubt have an asterisk beside the title.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 817435, member: 180”]Questionable yellows at best but I see your point. Farmer however was no doubt referring to the singular yellow card offence which was not a sending off in its own right.

The GGA are doing their utmost to shaft Tyrone here and subsequently this years All Ireland Champions will no doubt have an asterisk beside the title.[/quote]

I know it wasn’t a red card by the rules but Monaghan can still feel aggrieved that the rule is shit.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 817435, member: 180”]Questionable yellows at best but I see your point. Farmer however was no doubt referring to the singular yellow card offence which was not a sending off in its own right.

The GGA are doing their utmost to shaft Tyrone here and subsequently this years All Ireland Champions will no doubt have an asterisk beside the title.[/quote]
I was being facetious in saying Cavanagh should have got two yellows for the Hughes incident but as I said it did merit a yellow under two separate rules.

Therefore the rugby tackle later on should have been a second yellow.

Of course he probably wouldn’t have made the rugby tackle if he had already been on yellow, and Monaghan would probably have scored a goal.

[quote=“Sidney, post: 817465, member: 183”]I was being facetious in saying Cavanagh should have got two yellows for the Hughes incident but as I said it did merit a yellow under two separate rules.

Therefore the rugby tackle later on should have been a second yellow.

Of course he probably wouldn’t have made the rugby tackle if he had already been on yellow, and Monaghan would probably have scored a goal.[/quote]
Probably.

Well done to the GAA for putting the top ref in the country in charge of the Tyrone v Mayo contest.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 817470, member: 180”]Probably.

Well done to the GAA for putting the top ref in the country in charge of the Tyrone v Mayo contest.[/quote]

Be interesting to see what way Cavanagh is going to be treated by the Ref when they play Mayo, considering all the focus on him since the Monaghan and Meath matches.

Most likely the same as the other 29 players, or else the referee will be hauled up in front of committee.