The Official All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2013 Thread

Why would any sane person want to be an IC ref now. It’s so unattractive that you will continually only get the little hitler Marty Duffy types.

The shit from the crowd and the shit from players is a given, I doubt many good refs really care about any of that, but getting shit from some cunt up in the stand is not helping. They h e been approaching refereeing wrongly for years and they don’t look like changing. It’s astonishing short sightedness.

The glammer and fame no doubt, and the pleasure of being judged by a stand up gent like McEneaney

Is McEneaney judging the hurling refs as well? Heard someone make reference to it on the Sunday Game last Sunday.

Struck me as odd. Mind you I had a couple of pints on me while listening to it.

[quote=“farmerinthecity, post: 817531, member: 24”]Is McEneaney judging the hurling refs as well? Heard someone make reference to it on the Sunday Game last Sunday.

Struck me as odd. Mind you I had a couple of pints on me while listening to it.[/quote]
You heard correctly Farmer.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 817503, member: 273”]Why would any sane person want to be an IC ref now. It’s so unattractive that you will continually only get the little hitler Marty Duffy types.
[/quote]

:D:D

You really think that after all that has been made of what Cavanagh has done the last couple of games that the Referee wont be at all influenced by it?

Not the best referee in the game at present. Not one bit.

W

Who is reffing it?

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 817542, member: 273”]W

Who is reffing it?[/quote]
M Deegan.

Referees are a very certain breed. A sane person, if they were to even go and be a ref, would quit by half-time of their very first game.

You are having a laugh. He has improved slightly, but best ref, come off it.

Its unquestionable at this point. Name a better one.

[SIZE=6]http://gaabanter.ie/tyrone-bastards-shocking-joe-brolly-clip-from-the-archives/

“Tyrone Bastards” – Shocking Joe Brolly clip from the archives[/SIZE]
By GAA Banter on August 14, 2013

New, dramatic evidence has emerged in the case of Joe Brolly against the people. As we all know, little over a week ago Joe Brolly exploded on National television during a live broadcast of the Saturday game, slating Tyrone’s style of football and in particular, Sean Cavanagh, who cynically dragged a Monaghan man down on his way to goal. “You can forget about him so far as he’s a man” was perhaps his most rash statement that evening and he has since apologised to Cavanagh about that statement.

But it seems Brolly’s distaste for Tyrone’s football runs deeper than we could have imagined. In a video clip from the RTE archives, sent in to us by Stephen McAleer over on facebook, in what appears to be an un-aired practice run of the opening sequence for the Saturday game coverage.

A then younger Brolly, all of 13 years ago was probably been afforded the opportunity of a practice run and throughout the video clip, the sound and video team can be seen testing the cameras and we are privileged to some of his off the record commentary.

The game is the 2002 qualifier between Derry and Tyrone, and when the camera opens on Michael Lyster he introudces Brolly who “sure as me, hasn’t been in the pub, although he told me earlier on that he couldn’t watch Tyrone play Derry sober”.

Brolly, who at this point looked a bit confused, called out to his mother jokingly (this was never supposed to air remember) and looked for the camera he needed to be speaking towards. Lyster pointed him in the right direction, upon which he paused, before uttering two words. “Tyrone Bastards”.

He then went on to fondly recollect uttering those same two words at a Tyrone GAA Gala dinner, before explaining that “Tyrone’s problem is they’ve never won anything and therefore there is a desperation… and I don’t think they are going to win anything ’cause they just don’t look like a traditional football team”.

Audio cuts out to Marty Morrissey who is checking up on the team changes. The sound man at this point, who can be heard breathing heavily in to a mic utters “Jesus Christ” in shock. “Jesus…”. The audio returns to Brolly and Lyster, still keenly discussing the game and some of the late changes. The production team can be heard scurrying to get the lads in position as they move closer to air time, all the while Brolly touting “Jesus Christ, I hope he doesn’t put Gary Coleman in corner back…”

It must be noted that this is un-aired material, and while it gives an unedited insight in to Brolly’s beliefs in 2002, it would be equally unfair to strap a mic to any GAA fan off the record and listen back to their ranting 13 years past the matter of fact.

Jesus what a pile of a scutter that is.

Any of them bar the 2 Duffys. He’s only slightly better or worse than theajority on a game to game basis. He, like them all, will have a decent game and follow it up with some utter shite.

Coldrick is better.

Wild rumours doing the rounds on twitter that Jack McCaffrey has broken his arm

Tyrone released this earlier:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRpvkUqCQAAknD_.jpg:large

Fact! Fact! Fact! It’s a bit lame.

Hilarious. Reminds you of a certain fat waiter’s rant.

Fact. Only one intercounty manager is vouching for a murderer and also Sean Quinn.

Fact: Tyrone will win the All Ireland.

I was wondering when they’d tell us they invented modern football.

Here’s a fact for Turrone.
The Go-Games were largely based on a model of rugby league in GB. I met the guy they brought over to be involved in its construction. Tyrone would want to get their “facts” straightened out a bit.