The Official All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2013 Thread

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 817987, member: 180”]Its not really answering the question I asked, no.

You say you would rate the league if it was played later in the year. But its not, so where do you rate the Provincials in the overall scheme of things?[/quote]

Warm up games

The Provincial Championships are warmup games? So does that place them before or behind the Byrne/Walsh/FBD/McGrath Cups? Where is the league in this hierarchy?

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 817987, member: 180”]Its not really answering the question I asked, no.

You say you would rate the league if it was played later in the year. But its not, so where do you rate the Provincials in the overall scheme of things?[/quote]
I think what Kevin is trying to say here is that Limerick were the top hurling team in Ireland in 1997, and that Tom Ryan was a managerial genius.

Will Kevin resign from the forum when Tyrone beat Mayo next weekend?

FACT.

Gormley to play against Mayo

Conor Gormley will be available for Tyrone’s All-Ireland SFC semi-final clash against Connacht champions Mayo on Sunday August 25th.

It was announced at a Tyrone County Board meeting this evening that the experienced Carrickmore defender has been cleared to play.

Conor Gormley has been cleared by some other committee or other…according to Twitter.

:eek:

[quote=“Bandage, post: 818108, member: 9”]Conor Gormley has been cleared by some other committee or other…according to Twitter.

:eek:[/quote]
Predictable.

Great news, glad to see some common sense has prevailed.

What about Penrose? If Penrose doesn’t play and Gormley does that’s not right. Either they’re both guilty or they’re both innocent

Penrose should have been off before half-time. He did enough for three yellow cards and one red in his time on the pitch.

Penrose got a red card for striking on the day. His stands.

The key thing here was that Gormley grabbed a hold of Mone’s own fist and punched him with it. Always thinking ahead.

Poor ol Dessie, more sinned against over the course of his career, a saint is Des.

Who is likely to come in for Penrose on Sunday week, lads? I hope Ronan O’Neill gets a chance, he could be the new Brian McGuigan.

They are all the same. Preperation for qualifiers or 1/4 finals of Championships. It’s up to each team to use them in whatever way they want.

[quote=“scumpot, post: 818003, member: 182”][/quote]
Good manager, not great. He’ll have to win another title to even be considered a “great” manager.

He did a very good job getting them to where they are, but can he adjust it are they a one trick pony and is that all he’s got. But they have fantastic players, a tight squad yes, but none the less it wasn’t that he won it with a county like Sligo or a Rosscommon or someone.

My estimation went down a good bit this year. More of them as a management team than anything and probably more due to the other fella than McGuiness.

Letting themselves get relegated but targeting Ulster was bizarre.

I don’t know what the lads have been telling you but I’m not contracted to the website. Therefore I can’t resign.

In terms of natural talent McGuinness had the least to work with of any All-Ireland-winning manager for a hell of a long time. That Donegal won the All-Ireland so convincingly with a limited group of players marks what he did down as one of the greatest managerial achievements of all-time.

There isn’t one manager out there who would have come close to getting Donegal to retain their title.

So an O Byrne Cup game in January is the same as a Provincial Final in your reckoning? Seems fair enough.

Kevin is the man in touch with the grass roots here, he knows what’s in the the heads of the true GAA people, don’t question him.