The Official All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2013 Thread

It’s there for the taking. Dublin v Mayo has the potential to be a classic.

Their bench is serious though.
Dublin probably have a bench as effective but i don’t think Kerry have.

A very good win for Mayo today. Up against it versus a seasoned team, without your marksman. If they had hammered a poor Tyrone team I may agree with you.

Look fit all right. Game has become all about pace now. Need the engine to keep running too. Assuming Dublin get there you will have some spectacle in the final.

Hurling is the same. cork and clare both very fast teams

They are better than Dublin and absolutely streets ahead of Kerry.

No comparisons in the game plans mbb.

The Green and Red of Mayo is a stone cold fucking classic. Best county song out there.

You didnt ask about gameplans, Donegal were easily as fit as this Mayo side who have yet to play for 70 minutes. Donegal done it regularly last year over 70, Mayo have yet to.

thats not a seasoned tyrone team by any stretch…as they said in studio Tyrone lost 2 of their 3 best players in first half …

Think that is an average Tyrone side with several excellent players. Beaten by Donegal and struggled past Meath, Monaghan, Roscommon and Kildare most of whom are shite. Savage winning mentality but only takes you so far against a very good side

Mayo already had their training schedule for the final. Confident.

Donegal’s style involved moving en masse from defense where as Mayo do try to play a more traditional style game. The running their corner & wing backs do to support the forwards is awesome imo. Donegal were extremely fit i agree, but i would think this Mayo team is on another level to Donegal last year.

In short, you’re wrong fuckhead.

I don’t think it’s a particularly experienced (or top notch) Tyrone team to be fair. But they are well drilled and determined.

do u reckon?..I would ahve thought Mayo would be raging favourites seeing as they were favourites before a ball was kicked today…the whole country is saying Mayo are on a mission…i didn´t see donegal match so was expecting them to be so intense and running lines from everywhere…they weren´t…i thought they were quite laboured at times…they gave away some real lazy frees from diving in…I´d defo give kerry and dublin much more of a chance than I would have before today…

[quote=“carryharry, post: 822073, member: 1517”]Donegal’s style involved moving en masse from defense where as Mayo do try to play a more traditional style game. The running their corner & wing backs do to support the forwards is awesome imo. Donegal were extremely fit i agree, but i would think this Mayo team is on another level to Donegal last year.

In short, you’re wrong fuckhead.[/quote]
Basing an argument over a teams fitness on a team who have won their games by the 50th minute :smiley:

Until Mayo are pushed to 70 minutes your point is moo, its like a cows opinion, it doesn’t count.

Different types of fitness. Mayo would have a higher average aerobic capacity I would suggest.

Donegal were more measured and went for manic bursts.

Both impressively fit sides.

Have Mayo halfback line come across a team that´s half forwrads will run at them as opposed to dropping back this year?..

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 822076, member: 180”]

Until Mayo are pushed to 70 minutes your point is moo, its like a cows opinion, it doesn’t count.[/quote]

that´s a fair point…Tyrone seriously tired in that second half…

In short no. But so what? Once they stick to their own plan I think it’s stronger than anything they will meet. Only thing is COC is a serious free taker. Both our own counties relied on serious free taking to win All Ireland finals, one yer after another. Missing anything like the stupid misses they had today won’t do.

you seriously don´t rate kerry do you??..you think a cork man of all people would know kerry are never written off…