The Official All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2013 Thread

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 792978, member: 180”]This Sunday sees Dublin play their 37TH consecutive Championship Match in Croke Park.

That fucks all.[/quote]

I’ve been offered freebies for this for work-would it be worth exchanging an afternoon with my loved ones for an afternoon with my disliked/despised ones to watch the fare on show?

Even for the promotion of the game in other counties they should be moved around. And while you scoff at their 2 All Ireland’s their record in Leinster this past 10 years is awesome and and that’s where the issue is. They’ll play in Croker anyway when the latter stages come but they should be the opposite of London at this point, forced to play their first game away from home each season, for a season or two at least, just for variety if nothing else.

And then throw in the ‘spring series’, its a crock of shit. Dublin will say they’re ‘made’ play there by the GAA but they fucking love it at this point and wouldn’t have it any other way. Just isnt right in the grand scheme of things but then just add it to the litany of things wrong with the Senior Football Championships I guess.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 792978, member: 180”]This Sunday sees Dublin play their 37TH consecutive Championship Match in Croke Park.

That fucks all.[/quote]

well that just dispels all talk of it being an advantage to Dublin with only one all Ireland win in that time…its a disadvantage in my opinion as marquee forwards tend to run amok against the dubs in croker…a lot when interviewed will say the match they want is the dubs in croker…

No. It’ll be rubbish as Kildare will shit the pot again.

Cliched bullshit and you know it. Listen, I know the score, you know the score, it is what it is, but that doesn’t make it right.

[quote=“myboyblue, post: 792983, member: 180”]

And then throw in the ‘spring series’, its a crock of shit. Dublin will say they’re ‘made’ play there by the GAA but they fucking love it at this point and wouldn’t have it any other way…[/quote]

are they not made play there?..who’s decision is it?..

See rest of that post and post no 1039. Its all been said.

no it doesnt, it shows how poor a team dublin have been over the course of thos 37 games? 8 year champo? that they only won the big one once.

I dont believe this stat to be true did they not have to travel to longford in the recent past?

its not really …just listen to the good players …they love the dubs in croker…the shit players will always blame the venue, the ball, etc…the good players relish the big games in big stadiums…that’s fact… and if you’ve ever seen the dubs in action there over last 10 years you’d know that there is not a worse place to be as a dubllin footballer than croke park if things are going bad…the crowd turn on them…
this shit is always rolled out when dubs are going well…when they are not there’s not a word about it…its boring at this stage…

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 792989, member: 348”]no it doesnt, it shows how poor a team dublin have been over the course of thos 37 games? 8 year champo? that they only won the big one once.

I dont believe this stat to be true did they not have to travel to longford in the recent past?[/quote]
2006. 7 years ago. Do the math.

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 792989, member: 348”]no it doesnt, it shows how poor a team dublin have been over the course of thos 37 games? 8 year champo? that they only won the big one once.

I dont believe this stat to be true did they not have to travel to longford in the recent past?[/quote]

its shows its no advantage…think they went to longford in 2008 maybe?..

[quote=“scumpot, post: 792990, member: 182”]its not really …just listen to the good players …they love the dubs in croker…the shit players will always blame the venue, the ball, etc…the good players relish the big games in big stadiums…that’s fact… and if you’ve ever seen the dubs in action there over last 10 years you’d know that there is not a worse place to be as a dubllin footballer than croke park if things are going bad…the crowd turn on them…
this shit is always rolled out when dubs are going well…when they are not there’s not a word about it…its boring at this stage…[/quote]
And around we go.

Back to my point.

37 consecutive Championship Matches in one ground is wrong and is unlikely to happen in any other sport worth its salt. Regardless of who or what decides it, its wrong.

40,000 fans booing ben brosnans frees last year was a definite advantage, whilst ben should not have cracked it was still ahuge advantage

To say its not an advantage for the Dubs is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. Fucking hell.

That they failed to use that advantage or met better sides is another thing. But it is an advantage, especially against sides around their ability or slightly below.

I wonder how they would have got in I. Westmeath or Meath or Wexford when those counties had genuine decent sides over that 37 game period.

I understand why they are put there though.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 792998, member: 273”]To say its not an advantage for the Dubs is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. Fucking hell.

That they failed to use that advantage or met better sides is another thing. But it is an advantage, especially against sides around their ability or slightly below.

I wonder how they would have got in I. Westmeath or Meath or Wexford when those counties had genuine decent sides over that 37 game period.

I understand why they are put there though.[/quote]
Longford nearly took them in '06, thats all you need to know. Listen we’re only talking a game, maybe 2 a year, the bigger games like semis and final would be played in HQ, that fine. But 37 games in a ROW, is too much, is too wrong. All wrong. Anyone who says otherwise is crazy.

That’s the point, not that they’ve been too yellow to drive home this advantage, I don’t give a fuck about that, no other team in any other sport can quote those numbers, its a joke.

but not when he kicked the other 4 points?..its was just a disadvantage for the ones he missed?..

Jesus H Christ you’re an ignorant cunt.

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 792998, member: 273”]To say its not an advantage for the Dubs is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard. Fucking hell.

That they failed to use that advantage or met better sides is another thing. But it is an advantage, especially against sides around their ability or slightly below.[/quote]

Agreed. Bizarre stuff by scumpot.

what about when they are ran close by wexford or laois in croker?..whats that?..

he wasnt being booed then you clown, is it any shock that the 4 he scored came in the first half when he wasnt kicking into the hill.