The Official All-Ireland Senior Football Championship 2013 Thread

says the man who just presumes he’s an authority on everything and his way is the only way…fook off…

Home advantage.

ah so they were pressure kicks??..

so croke park is 100% Dublin fans is it?..

You’re wrong here scumpot how can anybody possibly argue that playing every match you play at home is not an advantage? I understand why they play there but doing it for financial reasons goes against sporting principles. Also, as already pointed out, why not play some of the early round matches out in the sticks? It’s not as if there are 60000 dubs going to early round matches in Leinster.

scumpot seeing as this will be our last interaction. I will just clarify a few things.

1. you are a clown (not that that needed to be clarified)
  2. brosnan is an excellent free taker as evideced by his flawless display in Drogehda some weeks ago.
  3. there’s a big difference being a pressure kick and being booed taking it. In most GAA stadia one is not booed, it’s called class or sportmanship, I wont be shocked if you have never heard of these word, feel free to google them at your leisure
  4. Did anyone state that Croke Park was 100% dublin fans? no, not once. I simply stated that home advantage was a factor. This is true of all sports. I could give you examples of Fulham in the premier league where they manage to stay up on the back of their home wins, or Clermont impressive home win ration in the super 14.

Finally, do is us all a favour and fuck off wiht your biased dublin shite.

absolute hogwash…croker is the pantheon of dreams in ireland…every footballer wants to prove themselves there…its a disadvantage to Dublin to play there…teams raise their game there…minnows like wexford and loais…its a disadvantage to Dublin if truth were told…

At least now we know he is only winding us up.

still going on ignore, makes no contribution in any thread.

So all that stuff about having more fans in the stadium, familiarity with the field, playing surface, familiar routines for the players on matchdays, basically all the perceived advantages of playing at home-all of that is bullshit?

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 793017, member: 348”]scumpot seeing as this will be our last interaction. I will just clarify a few things.

1. you are a clown (not that that needed to be clarified)
  2. brosnan is an excellent free taker as evideced by his flawless display in Drogehda some weeks ago.
  3. there’s a big difference being a pressure kick and being booed taking it. In most GAA stadia one is not booed, it’s called class or sportmanship, I wont be shocked if you have never heard of these word, feel free to google them at your leisure
  4. Did anyone state that Croke Park was 100% dublin fans? no, not once. I simply stated that home advantage was a factor. This is true of all sports. I could give you examples of Fulham in the premier league where they manage to stay up on the back of their home wins, or Clermont impressive home win ration in the super 14.

Finally, do is us all a favour and fuck off wiht your biased dublin shite.[/quote]

1. say it to my face or don’t say it at all…
    2.so he’s never had an off day in his career??..complete bollox…
    3.this isn’t junior 10…any good intercounty freetaker, which brosnan is, develops the mental strength to block out the crowd when freetaking…also think you’ll find plenty of unsporting behavior from fans in croker when Dublin weren’t palying - Armagh and tyrone obvious booing examples…meath fans sarcastically cheering every pass against Kerry in the latter stages of AI semi final in 2001 and then galway fans doing it to meath in all Ireland final of that year…so you can see its not exclusive to Dublin…
  2. You’re wrong…in most sports home advantage generally means a partisan crowd…

Scumpot needs to take classes from TASE on how to be a wum. He’s being far too obvious here.

[quote=“scumpot, post: 793023, member: 182”]1. say it to my face or don’t say it at all…
2.so he’s never had an off day in his career??..complete bollox…
3.this isn’t junior 10…any good intercounty freetaker, which brosnan is, develops the mental strength to block out the crowd when freetaking…also think you’ll find plenty of unsporting behavior from fans in croker when Dublin weren’t palying - Armagh and tyrone obvious booing examples…meath fans sarcastically cheering every pass against Kerry in the latter stages of AI semi final in 2001 and then galway fans doing it to meath in all Ireland final of that year…so you can see its not exclusive to Dublin…
4. You’re wrong…in most sports home advantage generally means a partisan crowd…[/quote]

yawn.

1.Place your face in front of the screen YOU ARE A CLOWN.

1. yes he had an off day, it was the game we are discussing where he was booed.

2. I know players dont get booed in junior.

4.I said in most GAA stadia players arent booed, you exclsively refer to croke park, which is as a matter of course not most stadia.

1. look up the meaning of the word partisan. in croker dubs outnumber other counties due to the enhanced geographical mobility of their fanbase which in turn leads to a what??

Horsebox, I recommend attending on Sunday - I think it’s an attractive double header.

Fair enough, Wexford and Meath are mid-ranking teams but they both tend to play attacking football and each has a clutch of skillful players. Expecting a high scoring game free of the defensive, stifling tactics seen elsewhere already this season.

The other game is pretty intriguing. Kildare have been touted for big things in recent years without really delivering. Could they produce something special now when they appear to be much less favoured? Dublin seem to be well ahead in Leinster and look a fairly slick machine. Still, you never know and they also have to cope with the huge disadvantage of playing at home.

Should be a good crowd in too so promises to be a decent day.

My thoughts on Dublin playing in Croke Park are pretty much covered by my posts on the evening of the Dublin-Westmeath match on June 1st.

Bottom line is that Croke Park is an absolute morgue of a venue unless at least 55-60,000 people are there and provincial grounds should be used more.

I fully endorse booing of opposition free takers.

[quote=“count of monte cristo, post: 793027, member: 348”]yawn.

1.Place your face in front of the screen YOU ARE A CLOWN.

1. yes he had an off day, it was the game we are discussing where he was booed.

2. I know players dont get booed in junior.

4.I said in most GAA stadia players arent booed, you exclsively refer to croke park, which is as a matter of course not most stadia.

1. look up the meaning of the word partisan. in croker dubs outnumber other counties due to the enhanced geographical mobility of their fanbase which in turn leads to a what??[/quote]

1.:smiley:
2.one off day ever??..whats odds is he for footballer of the year ??..he’s a shoe in if what u say is true…
3.bizarre answer that…i was referring to mental preparation of top players…anyhoo point lost…
4. so what you’re saying is its a worse stadium for teams to play in regards booing ? poor dubs players…
5. Dublin is totally exclusive to dubs now??..i’d say fcuk all of the gaa clubs in Dublin were even founded by dubs…fcuk all of leinster is really a journey to Dublin nowadays FFS…
I thought you ignoring my posts ?? go on…fook off…u twat…

[quote=“Bandage, post: 793028, member: 9”]Horsebox, Dublin seem to be well ahead in Leinster and look a fairly slick machine. Still, you never know and they also have to cope with the huge disadvantage of playing at home.
.[/quote]

finally a man who knows his football…:clap: I hope our paths cross in some tavern on sunday pal…i’d love to pick your brains on the game…
kildare are coming into this game undar the radar…the one that doesn’t pick up things in the long grass…pity their players and fans having to travel such a long journey in the car to croker…will take them all of an hour…

Kildare are hiding in the shortgrass for this game.

[quote=“scumpot, post: 793040, member: 182”]finally a man who knows his football…:clap: I hope our paths cross in some tavern on sunday pal…i’d love to pick your brains on the game…
kildare are coming into this game undar the radar…the one that doesn’t pick up things in the long grass…pity their players and fans having to travel such a long journey in the car to croker…will take them all of an hour…[/quote]

[FONT=Calibri]Don’t think I’ll be out and about too late after the games on Sunday as I’m undertaking a spot of international business travel next Monday and Tuesday, mate.[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri] [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]I’ll be interested to see the extent of Jason Ryan’s influence on Kildare’s approach to the Dublin game. He had a particular theory about the importance of slowing the game down against Dublin and stopping them from gaining momentum via quick bursts of scores. This resulted in lots of lateral and backwards passing in Wexford’s last few championship games against Dublin where we looked to retain the ball and take the sting out of the game. It was obviously a response to the massacre in 2008 and we were close to beating you in ’10, ’11 and ’12 without getting over the line in any of them. [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri] [/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri]Still, it was painful to watch at times, especially when we lost possession cheaply in the process. I wouldn’t mind giving the ball away trying something constructive but it was frustrating when we were holding it for the sake of it without looking to do anything positive and then we’d give a dodgy pass and lose it in our own half. Almost defending via possession - Totti was enraged when Barcelona did this. Maybe they were copying Jason Ryan? [/FONT]

[quote=“scumpot, post: 793040, member: 182”]finally a man who knows his football…:clap: I hope our paths cross in some tavern on sunday pal…i’d love to pick your brains on the game…
kildare are coming into this game undar the radar…the one that doesn’t pick up things in the long grass…))))))pity their players and fans having to travel such a long journey in the car to croker…will take them all of an hour…(((((((((((((([/quote]

Mmmmmhhhhhhh, sure you can’t find Parnell Park apparently? o_O