The Official Arsenal FC Thread 2017/18

Oh de Cologne

:eek:

Lovely finish there for Arsenal by some chap with a Balkan name.

Oooooft, what a hit, 1-1

Sead Kolasinac, he had a Shalke shirt on under his jersey :joy:

1 Like

Unreal hit from Sanchez.

1 Like

Something very special about an Arsenal team with Jack Wilshire dictating the play.

3-1

Most of the Arsenal fans gone now for the last tube.

I enjoyed that. I watched the full 90 mins, can’t say I watched 90 minutes of any of the Champions League group games in last few years.

Great opportunity to give fringe players a run out and fuck all pressure. Looking forward to the next game.

Any fringe players impress?

Alexis Sanchez looked good (when arsed).

To be honest, it was clear who the first team players were. The Holding experiment needs to be put on hold, Chambers should be starting ahead of him. Wilshere was involved in a few nice passages of play but it was hard to see if he’s getting that burst of pace back. Maitland-Niles was ok in the middle. Reiss Nelson got 10 mins and got a few touches, about as much as you could expect.

Also, it’s time to forget playing a back three. It’s not working anymore.

There is something special about European nights at The Emirates and last night was up there with the 6-0 v Braga and the 7-0 v Slavia Prague.

Wenger stuck with the tactic of playing at least two players out of position and then changing it when it’s going badly wrong. His other tactic of trying every right footed player at left wing back didn’t quite work again but can’t write it off until he tries Walcott and Ospina there.

Most of the fringe players appeared to be saving themselves for Sunday’s game v Chelsea, not realising they won’t be involved. Ainsley Maitland-Niles (Conservative) looked decent when moved to his proper position but not sure he is good enough to make it.
Elneny worked hard and was good at covering for defenders when they were caught out of position but on the ball he is too cautious.
Nelson only got 10 minutes but looks very confident and he knows he belongs at that level. He is going to be world class and the future of the club looks great with him, as we should get a big fee when we sell him to City in 2 or 3 years.

4 Likes

Bright opening 20 mins from Arsenal offensively, still a little unorganised in defense but altogether positive so far.

Decent point away to Chelsea. Could have sneaked a win but a good point away from home & something to build on now.

Respectable 2-0 score line into injury time at the Emirates v West Brom.

Some nervy moments in the 1st half at the back & West Brom should of had a penalty.
A goal in either half for Lacazette sees his goal scoring home form continue.

MOTM for me has been Monreal, another very solid outing & a great goalline clearance in the first half. Real club spirit in that chap.

1 Like

I missed all but the last twenty minutes. I must say dropping out of the top four has been a blessing for my enjoyment of games. Dropped points don’t really bother me anymore and I can just relax and enjoy the football now.

1 Like

Take a bow son

1 Like

:heart_eyes:

Nacho you fucking beauty :muscle:t2::ok_hand::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: