The Official Cork GAA 2017 Thread

A travelled mongrel

I honestly don’t share the attitude or belief system of the majority of irish men. I feel very disconnected from the majority. Its not that i don’t like them or cannot have good relationships with them, but i find alot of their views and habits astounding.

1 Like

what types of attitudes and beliefs would the majority of Irish men hold Kev?

I’d be very like that aswell

In inability to talk openly
Think its completely ok to lie constantly
Treat women like shit. Its a little bit more suttle than in many places, but its there.
Hidden racism. Its hilarious how often i catch cunts out with this.
Fear of competition
Fear of mistakes
Employment snobbery (although this is a general irish thing)
Ridiculous support of foreign sports teams. Its embarrassing.
No backbone when confronted.

Of course i am generalizing and many people fall outside of those. I know quite a few people who completely buck that. But they are the minority unfortunately

6 Likes

Now that you put it that way Kev, I don’t feel Irish anymore I’m nothing like Mike Muldoon.

1 Like

I see Kieran Sheehan has got the road from Carlton

There are a few contradictions in there .?

Feel free to.pick

The characteristics you outline are not exclusive to Irishmen . They are fairly generic traits that transcend race , borders , cultures etc . We are no more prone to the
Majority of these characteristics than any other race/nationality .

Hidden racism and support of foreign teams ?

What is his injury situation like . If fit he is potentially a huge plus for Cork . A brilliant player before leaving .

A strange move from the very start.

Why ?

I think we are very prone to the bullshitting, employment snobbery, fear of competition and mistakes.

Having lived in many places irish men are way out in front in these aspects.

Being confident is frowned upon for instance.

This is a pretty irish thing.

Being a bluffer is frowned upon

No its not. Its revered

cc
@Bandage

1 Like

Ciaran Sheehan’s return should be a big boost for his club’s second team. Serious potential to be a Pat Gilroy-style goal hanging full forward.

"Now it will be extremely difficult to get five new players this year but there’s a lot of young players who were on the Under-21 team last with me, like Sean O’Donoghue, Darren Brown and Robbie O’Flynn, they now need to step up to a higher level.

Two days in the job and he is naming the lads who he expects to step up next year. Hope they can embrace the pressure :grinning: