The Official Cork GAA 2017 Thread

Frank Murphy has won All Ireland

Meyler had Joe Oā€™Connor in his management team in his last reign in Kerry. how do you rate Joe? He has been with Clare & Limerick since. I d imagine Meyler is well glued in to having the right s & c guys ?

anyways Kev, keep us posted on the mood in Cork

who do reckon will be Cork captain next year? Do the hurlers appoint from the county champions?

Joe Oā€™Connor seems to turn out excellent teams.

Its one thing having a guy, its another using his expertise. This is the issue people seem to have. And people who know him do not believe he has any interest in S&C. I am not sure, i never worked with him. But the story is familiar. I know he/CB is being turned down left right and centre for selectors.

And thats common. Fotzmaurices lad is only there to do what Fitzmauruce wants and hence Kerry are woefully unconditioned.

People are generally unhapoy with the selection of all the coaches. No progression, same heads like Considine (who Sars wouldnā€™t even use), Ring etc.

Ring is a headmaster and suits those 16-18 year olds. 19/20 year ds with a bit of knowledge from college are a different kettle of fish.

No. I donā€™t have poisionous people in my life if i can avoid them at all

1 Like

Not the rule any longer but Harnedy would be a popular choice Id say.

Interesting that one of Mylers star forwards on the U21s played in goal for Imokilly on snr final.

Was a play for a Senior position i would suggest

Interesting one. Decent options there in fairness.

This happened on Joe Oā€™Connors watch.

Now i would suggest, this had fuck all to do with Joe and if anything, considering him and other management members left, happened despite tgeir protestations

Retires and burnt out at 27 is fucking scandalous

1 Like

Meyler is inclined to be far too open with the media. And youā€™d think with David being a pro-sportsman and his own obsession with the All Blacks that heā€™d be fairly au fait with the requirements these days.

I canā€™t believe he took it without having his selectors at least nearly in place.

Heā€™ll be a bit of a patsy for the county board I think.

Burnt out is a state of mind.

It is mental. But it leads to drops in performance and physical injury.

Iā€™d say he is just a straight man and what you see is what you get. I like that.

But 2 things.

The All Blacks is all about mindset. Their S&C is questionable. And it is survival of the fitest to get there. So the most robust fuckers imaginable make it thru. Even Davy Fitz wouldnā€™t break them. Thats why they lose messers pretty early no matter how outrageously talented.

Having a son in pro soccer, particularly in England is no surity of learning of best oractice. Hull were renowned for the arcaic approach. English Football Managers = Davy Fitz et al. They get by thru investment, not brains alot of the time. I have spoke to s&c and medical professionals in English Leagues and premership, some of the carry on in Intermediate club stuff. Its full of uneducated ex-players who get fast tracked thru badges.

Its the foreign managers who have made some changes. And some smart clubs who attached themselves to Universities and employed full time staff (that managers cannot fire) like Leicester and Southamptom. They are surviving with brains and science.

Point being nothing lime that would suggest Myler will be any different. He took it cos it was the only chance he would get. I do not blame him. If he alters his approach somewhat he may have a run at it. If he treats it the way he did clubs (which suited the situation and worked) he could be gone by summer. Starting without the backing of players is an uphill struggle from day 1.

Like when Jim Gavin moves on Dublin will still have Bryan Cullen. All that knowledge, all that testing is invaluable. Cork footballers will have their 7th S&C guy in 6 years next season. Where are you going with that.

:hushed:

Homophobe

Having to change threads and look for stupid shots at me is the ultimate sign of rattled.

1 Like

:rollseyes:

Are we in a internet battle mate?

:rofl:

In your head maybe

Give over ā€¦ Iā€™ve been here long enough now kid.

But there is no argument. You are wrong on one issue and move into another thread for spurious jibes.

Its rattled 1.01 on here

1 Like

Sure.