The Official England Cricket Team Supporters thread

Because that’s what you’re trying to do? The prosecuting barrister has described him as dishonest, having selective amnesia and being the most violent and aggressive of the defendants. There is video footage of him attacking the other party and mocking and flicking a cigarette butt at the the people he claims to be standing up far. There are witness reports that he was spoiling for a fight and was rude and aggressive prior to the incident.

Why are you trying to undermine the Crown Prosecution Service?

That’s the prosecution case. Lets wait until we’ve heard all of the evidence in the case. Of course, you were the one who thought the opening statement of Toby Hedworth QC in the Belfast rape case constituted sufficient evidence to convict. Had to school you on that one as well that the opening statement in a trial is not evidence. You really don’t have much of a grasp of how a criminal trial and indeed a criminal justice system works.

The videos of him that night are evidence.

1 Like

Agreed

Evidence that will be weighed up by the jury along with all the other evidence in reaching a verdict.

Why are you undermining the Crown Prosecution Service?

Are you aware of any convicted predatory rapists being given a testimony of good character in an attempt to to minimise their sentence, and hence allow them to re assert their menace on society by a current intercounty manager?

4 Likes

Oooft!

:smile:

No.

Are you aware of any woman beaters on the Galway senior hurling panel?

1 Like

Makes a change for a Nordie to be defending the agents of the Crown.

2 Likes

I’m not defending them I’m just asking why Geoff is undermining the Crown Prosecution Service?

I’ve just made the same observation that I did throughout the Belfast rape case. There should no rush to judgement until all the evidence is heard.

This is not fascist Mussolini Italy where maybe they did convict solely on the basis of an opening statement from the prosecutor like you are advocating for.

He’s British, he loves the CPS.

2 Likes

Ooooft

Yes. His behaviour was reprehensible and he shouldn’t be representing the county after either that or the serial theft.

2 Likes

That didn’t take long.

Another dark day for the British Injustice System.

Take it up with your beloved Crown Prosecution Service chump.

Beloved?