The Official England Cricket Team Supporters thread

330/2

Double century partnership off 182 deliveries between Crawley and Root.

336/3

Crawley falls to Cameron Green on 189.

351/4

Root departs on 84.

Saturday is forecasted to be a complete washout, so a distinct possibility of a full day of lost play there.

Tomorrow morning looks showery but okay from lunch onwards.

Sunday overcast and showery but should be spells of play.

Overcast is ideal for seamers chasing wickets, not for batsmen trying to save a test match. If England pile on tomorrow theyā€™ve every chance even with 2 sessions Sunday

All eyes will be glued to this on Sunday

3 Likes

Think Iā€™ll skip going to the Hurling Final on Sunday. Itā€™s an afternoon for the television. Too much going on. Split season zealots, scheduling their showpiece event of the hurling year Head to head against the final day of an Ashes test match, the final day of the Open in the golf and the final day of the Tour de France.

6 Likes

A John Bull like yourself has his priorities right, no business for you going near stick fighting.

The likes of @balbec and @Biff_Egan wonā€™t know where to turn on Sunday

The law of unintended consequences. Iā€™ve only gone and drawn the Man from Mullingar onto me on a cricket thread of all places

3 Likes

Iā€™m LK on 3 generations on both my parents side pal, I may reside out of the county but I know my lineage, Iā€™m a born and bred Limerick man who represented his county at all levels in hurling up to senior as opposed to you who is a died in the wool Brit to a pretend hurling supporter from WD, CW or even WX, take your pick.

2 Likes

Priorities

Have a lie down and maybe listen to a bit of Joe Dolan. Itā€™s very soothing.

8 Likes

TouchĆ© listen to Nigel Farage Iā€™m sure youā€™ll find it equally soothing

Dry your eyes you big baby. If you go in with the size 12ā€™s acting the hard man like you tried to do on the Munster hurling championship and Waterford hurling thread a few months ago, you might just get it back at you. To paraphrase the late Seamus Brennan, its senior hurling INTERNETTING around here and you donā€™t seem quite ready for it just yet.

2 Likes

My beloved Aussies will be bowled out twice by then. On to the Oval. #Go Again

Disappointing to read the aggressive exchanges here overnight, thereā€™s a fine cricketing tradition in Mullingar.

Here we go. Stokes down the track swinging & missing wildly from second ball of the day.

3 Likes

Carey misses a run out chance there. Stokes would have been gone.

I donā€™t see what the big problem is with coming from Mullingar, its a fine spot

2 Likes

+1. The Greville Arms Hotel, the Joe Dolan statue, the Dunnes Stores at the back of Cusack Park, the big wine wholesale store on the outskirts of the town. Thereā€™s an awful lot to like about the place. If I had one minor criticism, itā€™s the sheer multitude of roundabouts on the ring road. Weā€™ve had to stop the car on the way to/from Center Parcs on more than one occasion to allow my older lad puke on the side of the road. That recycling centre in between roundabouts is also a good place to stop to vomit.

3 boundaries by Brook in that over. Cover drives & late cuts, terrific stuff.

2 Likes