The Official Irish Times Best Places to Holiday in Ireland Thread

[QUOTE=“Spidey, post: 1109640, member: 289”]I’ve been suckered in by the radio ads for NI Tourism and wish to take a mini family break around the coast of Antrim preferably over the Easter holidays as I like to tweet/facebook pictures of pints on Good Friday to my jealous friends.

Must sees are:
Titanic visitor centre
Giants Causeway
Bushmills distillery
The dark Hedges - Ballymoney
Carrisk-a-Rede rope bridge

Can anyone recommend a good spot/hotel to base myself for such a trip?[/QUOTE]

did something similar, but travelled the coast from Derry to Newry, stopping over at Ballycastle and Larne. Both nice towns. Giants causeway was a massive underwhelming tourist attraction. The coastal drive and the glens around Cushendall are very nice.

You are a terrible bastard Brimmer.

Unreal. No other word to describe it. 9 courses in all, unreal.

Go on give us a run down of what you had or what the menu was like? Is it just the food drawing people in, is there anything to do in the area if you stay there? It’s in Fermanagh is it?

Blacklion which is in cavan tess an awful fucking dump of a place

[QUOTE=“Spidey, post: 1109640, member: 289”]I’ve been suckered in by the radio ads for NI Tourism and wish to take a mini family break around the coast of Antrim preferably over the Easter holidays as I like to tweet/facebook pictures of pints on Good Friday to my jealous friends.

Must sees are:
Titanic visitor centre
Giants Causeway
Bushmills distillery

You’d see all that in about 2 days. Bushmills is no great shakes, nor is the Causeway although the cliff top walk is decent enough and worth a walk. Carrick a Rede is the only thing truly worth seeing but I’ve not been to the Titanic centre tbf.

Couldn’t recommend a hotel so all of that was most likely useless to you. Would stay in Belfast myself having been in most of those one horse towns.

[QUOTE=“Tess Tickle, post: 1109667, member: 2269”]Go on give us a run down of what you had or what the menu was like? Is it just the food drawing people in, is
there anything to do in the area if you stay there? It’s in Fermanagh is it?[/QUOTE]

Pretty much the same as this one but there was steak on instead of the lamb.
http://www.nevenmaguire.com/userfiles/file/Prestige%20Menu%20March%202014.pdf

I had the scallops, the steak and the chocolate sensation.
The wine we selected was http://www.thewinereserve.co.uk/store/red-wine/finca-sophenia-reserve-malbec/
Another spectacular mugging. 35 euro on the night.

Eh ? It was O Dowd called her a fat cunt,
He’s spoiling for a fight all afternoon, pulling lads up on spelling and trivial stuff.
Most lads are giddy about now on a Friday afternoon, but not O Dowd he’s on the dry with yet another makey uppy condition of some sort, looking for attention from overworked medical professionals no doubt
he’d be better off if he gave up his oul hypochondria crack and went out for a bottle or two.

[QUOTE=“Brimmer Bradley, post: 1109676, member: 2839”]Eh ? It was O Dowd called her a fat cunt,
He’s spoiling for a fight all afternoon, pulling lads up on spelling and trivial stuff.
Most lads are giddy about now on a Friday afternoon, but not O Dowd he’s on the dry with yet another makey uppy condition of some sort, looking for attention from overworked medical professionals no doubt
he’d be better off if he gave up his oul hypochondria crack and went out for a bottle or two.[/QUOTE]
:clap:

Torn between a week in the sun in July or a stay-cation… What part of the country would have decent beaches/night life/day activities all combined. While scenery is great I don’t want to be too remote and spend half the week in a car travelling to sights and such- on the other hand I don’t want to be holed up in some kip like Kilkee, which is full of Limerick knackers or 18 year olds like @glasagusban drinking cider on the beach.

It’s great craic mate, you should come down you might get the shift.

Do they have a Milano’s?

They have a del arte mate. It’s class! Just like the crescent!

When you’re choosing between Irish seaside resorts you really don’t have much to work with, and will most likely end up feeling depressed wherever you go.

However Bundoran seems to tick your boxes.

Near to Rossnowlagh beach where you have a choice of going surfing or attending the annual 12th of July parade (usually held on the 11th or 13th, I can’t remember).
Choice of drinking in Bundoran or Ballyshannon by night.
Near to Sligo, Enniskillen and lovely Lough Erne.
Climb Benbulben.
Break the journey up by climbing Croagh Patrick and have a night in Westport.
Good base to explore further north in Donegal.
The Belleek pottery factory might appeal to the Princess.
See where Lord Mountbatten had a boat, ee-i-ee-i-o.
Sea Sessions in June is one of Ireland’s premier music festivals.

Newcastle in County Down is a good alternative in my experience. The beach there is quite poor for swimming though. Stony and has very low tides. But a lovely part of the country.

Curracloe is without doubt the best beach in Ireland, if that’s what you’re after.

Dunmore East is the spot for you pal.

Funnily enough, I had Waterford in mind when posting… I’d be happy enough anywhere truth be told I just want the option of activities/ night life the keep others entertained band off my back. What delights would I find in Dunmore east and its surroundings?

[QUOTE=“Sidney, post: 1117486, member: 183”]When you’re choosing between Irish seaside resorts you really don’t have much to work with, and will most likely end up feeling depressed wherever you go.

However Bundoran seems to tick your boxes.

Near to Rossnowlagh beach where you have a choice of going surfing or attending the annual 12th of July parade (usually held on the 11th or 13th, I can’t remember).
Choice of drinking in Bundoran or Ballyshannon by night.
Near to Sligo, Enniskillen and lovely Lough Erne.
Climb Benbulben.
Break the journey up by climbing Croagh Patrick and have a night in Westport.
Good base to explore further north in Donegal.
The Belleek pottery factory might appeal to the Princess.
See where Lord Mountbatten had a boat, ee-i-ee-i-o.
Sea Sessions in June is one of Ireland’s premier music festivals.

Newcastle in County Down is a good alternative in my experience. The beach there is quite poor for swimming though. Stony and has very low tides. But a lovely part of the country.

Curracloe is without doubt the best beach in Ireland, if that’s what you’re after.[/QUOTE]
I’d like to go to the Cavan/ Monaghan orange parade alright, there’s a village up that way that was completely cut off from their brethren in 1922 but still celebrate every year. I’d say it would be right good craic.

Must sees are:
Titanic visitor centre
Giants Causeway
Bushmills distillery

I did these 2 years ago, rented a town hall opposite the kings hall in Belfast . Also take in mo mowlam pk

Billy big balls here renting the town hall.

Right, I’m going to Dingle so you cunts.