The Official Irish Times Best Places to Holiday in Ireland Thread

Ah, would you not go to Curracloe? I was jogging up and down the beach bright and early a few Saturdays ago. It was truly magnificent.

[ATTACH=full]2607[/ATTACH]

:oops:
The people of Dunmore East can sleep a little easier tonight.

[QUOTE=“Bandage, post: 1117669, member: 9”]Ah, would you not go to Curracloe? I was jogging up and down the beach bright and early a few Saturdays ago. It was truly magnificent.

[ATTACH=full]2607[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

Are you in the black hat or the pink one?

[QUOTE=“Bandage, post: 1117669, member: 9”]Ah, would you not go to Curracloe? I was jogging up and down the beach bright and early a few Saturdays ago. It was truly magnificent.

Look at the waves crashing onto the shore :rolleyes:

Lolz

What other delights does it have, mate?.. Is that you and the lady in matching jackets? Or did you just take a picture of two random punters for the sheer fun of it? Would you be a mad bastard like that?

They have an electric car charging thingy. And tennis courts, a lower and an upper one.

Is that the extent of it or just what bowled you over about the place?

Bumped for @carryharry

Staying in Kenmare tonight.
Drove from Bantry to Kenmare via Priests Leap, narrow road but incredible scenes back to Bantry all the same. :clap:

[ATTACH]2909[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]2910[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]2911[/ATTACH]

Where did the priest’s leap to/from?

The Burren, after Prince Charles’s visit, and what he has done for the region, the place will explode as a tourist destination this year

The Burren is overrated. As are the cliffs of moher .

Thinking about a busman’s holiday in Eire in late July/early August.

3 days in Clare, week in Kerry (Dingle) and another 3 days in Waterford. Suggestions for Clare and Waterford especially. Have a place provisionally booked in Dingle for a week.

[QUOTE=“Spidey, post: 1145072, member: 289”]Thinking about a busman’s holiday in Eire in late July/early August.

3 days in Clare, week in Kerry (Dingle) and another 3 days in Waterford. Suggestions for Clare and Waterford especially. Have a place provisionally booked in Dingle for a week.[/QUOTE]

You should check out the Burren and the Cliffs of Moher. They are awe inspiring.

[QUOTE=“Spidey, post: 1145072, member: 289”]Thinking about a busman’s holiday in Eire in late July/early August.

3 days in Clare, week in Kerry (Dingle) and another 3 days in Waterford. Suggestions for Clare and Waterford especially. Have a place provisionally booked in Dingle for a week.[/QUOTE]

You’d struggle to do much for 3 days in Waterford I’d say. @Fagan ODowd is the man you need here.

For fuck sake.

Agreed. There’s fuck all in Waterford. You’d be better off spending a few days in West Cork, it would only be an hour or so extra to your homeward leg of the journey,

Grand. Half a day walking through the ghost-town that’s now Tramore. An hour driving around the roundabouts in Dungarvan. A couple of hours walking the streets of the ‘city’ to see all the closed shops. A tour of Waterford Crystal…oh, wait. A meal in Cheekpoint with panoramic views of the refinery over in Campile. Take in the views from the Wateford bypass. Anything I’m missing?

1 Like

I’ve holidayed in Dungarvan in the past - a fine shpot.