The Official Irish Times Best Places to Holiday in Ireland Thread

Yes. Go fuck yourself.

You wouldn’t want to be needing a hospital, a Garda or a post office after watching Vincent Browne last night…steer clear of the county.

[QUOTE=“Spidey, post: 1145072, member: 289”]Thinking about a busman’s holiday in Eire in late July/early August.

3 days in Clare, week in Kerry (Dingle) and another 3 days in Waterford. Suggestions for Clare and Waterford especially. Have a place provisionally booked in Dingle for a week.[/QUOTE]
2 weeks in Ireland? If the weather is shit, which I am reliably told it is going to be, you will go off your fucking head. What would you do for a week in Dingle if it’s raining?

Most people can manage quite well without a hospital, garda station or post office when on holidays.

You’ve obviously never been on holidays with @Rintintin[/USER] and [USER=1786]@TreatyStones

:rolleyes:

They can’t predict the weather for the next 5 days with any accuracy but horsebox knows someone who can tell what it’s going be like in a few months time.

:pint::pint::pint::pint:

They can’t predict the weather for the next 5 days with any accuracy but horsebox knows someone who can tell what it’s going be like in a few months time.

:pint::pint::pint::pint:[/QUOTE]
:rolleyes:

Any reasonable place to stay with the kids in Dublin. Ideally a family suite rather than a large family room?

#notliffeyvalley

What are you looking to do around Dublin mate?

http://www.fitzpatrickcastle.com/family-rooms-dublin.html

http://fe.avvio.com/convert/site/Fitzpatrick%20Castle%20Hotel/en/rate/32049/2015-07/Summertime+Family+Fun-3+nights.html?currency=EUR

Surely AirBnB is the option here

1 Like

Visiting 2 mates of mine who have recently joined the fathers club. One in Bootytown and one in Greystones. Might do Imaginosity too…

Going to throw the kid in the back and the wife in the boot on Monday and head off in the car. Not booking anywhere (wife thinks this is a bit risky).

Heading to west Cork and then do the ring of Kerry. Any ideas on where to stay. Will throw in the travel cot so doesn’t really matter where we stay.

Back Saturday for the GAA.

Nice apartment there in the Silicon Docks area for 95e a night on Air BnB. You could go for a few pints with @Bandage and @Horsebox while you were at it.

1 Like

@Fran, @cluaindiuic Talk to me about Kilkenny for two nights stay this Sunday/Monday - What’s the Ormonde hotel like? Be much craic around the town Sunday for the game?

Sorry pal, but I wouldn’t have a notion these days

Who would??

As TUM pointed out Fitzpatrick’s Castle would be the ideal spot for you. A mid point between Booterstown and Greystones. Killiney Hill is a great spot to bring the kids for a couple of hours and you can drop into my place for a cup of tea at some stage.

Winner alright

1 Like

@cluaindiuic, @corner_back, @the_mixer_walsh, @Piles_Hussain possibly

Who knew any of these lads were from KK. I thought Piles and Mixer were from Waterford and corner back from Tipp :flushed: