The Official Irish Times Best Places to Holiday in Ireland Thread

Oh dear :flushed:

Nah corner back is an Offaly man

Informative.

The Ormonde is a fine hotel, I stayed there with work last year. Nice and centrally located. Kilkenny is always relatively busy especially with American tourists and I would at that there are around 10 pubs that have live music every night of the week

2 Likes

I stayed in The Ormonde Hotel for a family occasion in May 2013 and in July 2014 on the night we defeated Waterford in Nowlan Park. I thought it was grand and had no complaints, @ChocolateMice, and I second @Big_Dan_Campbell 's comments. The town obviously won’t be as lively as a Saturday night but the hotel is central and you’ve a choice of plenty of pubs nearby within walking distance.

Thanks, chaps. Very informative.

Feel free to dish out a couple of “like” ratings, mate. And I’d appreciate your worldly advice on the other holiday destinations thread too.

There is a place called tramp land where kids can jump on tramps or trampolines

Will look into it

Imaginosity is crap but kids like it

Hamleys toy shop in Dundrum for a treat
Crazy golf place in Dundrum.
Teddys ice cream and walk Sea front dun laoghaire

Look at beacon hotel too.

Playgrounds in Marlay park and Cabinteeely park

1 Like

Jump zone

Fitzpatricks Castle as mentioned or Radisson St Helens. Don’t go near the Beacon as TUM suggested.

Bewleys Hotel In sandyford as a base also an option

Are you a fan of hotels in industrial estates or something?

As a base with kids on doorstep of Luas m50 imaginosity jump zone Dundrum shopping centre middle of booterstown and greystones they could be functional places to stay.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Great news. I’m going to Kilkenny! Where to watch the match Sunday?

Semi lapsed poster @Midshipman_Asha your best bet here. I haven’t a notion either although I think the Ormond is meant to be decent. I’d check out Butler House or Pembroke hotel on Patrick st. Good location and shouldn’t be that expensive.

I just have the good fortune to live in Offaly bud.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Thanks lads

lads
im going to a wedding in Dundalk on saturday
anyone reccommend a place for a nice spin on sunday in the Louth Cavan Monaghan Down area?
ill prob head to Carlingford to teach my son the Mountbatten song , etc.
Is Carlingford Lough worth a spin? any ould lakes or shit to see in Monaghan?