The Official Irish Times Best Places to Holiday in Ireland Thread

Will do.

Given most of the clientele are older than you and haven’t a clue how to use a computer I think you’ll find it works quite well for them.

All but 8 of the suites are privately owned as it is , so he has only bought them, the public areas, the course, the proshop etc. Interesting to see if he will have any liability for the guaranteed rents , which brought it down in the first place. I’d imagine he will attempt to buy back the suites from their owners and add a leisure centre and function room.

Did Trump ever get to finish off that golf course he was trying to build in Scotland that the locals were protesting about. I remember seeing a documentary about it a few years back

Kellys had four nights free in July when I called. 1700 euro for 2 adults and 2 kids full board which I took to mean breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Seems pricey to me.

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 902235, member: 2272”]Kellys had four nights free in July when I called. 1700 euro for 2 adults and 2 kids full board which I took to mean breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Seems pricey to me.[/quote]

That’s fair dear.

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 902235, member: 2272”]Kellys had four nights free in July when I called. 1700 euro for 2 adults and 2 kids full board which I took to mean breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Rent a thatched cottage in Dunmore for the week (750 euro) and buy the kids a bucket and spade each (10 euro). Spend another 30 euro a day on food and you’ll have about 700 euros left over for drink and two fine tired weather beaten children.

I attended a wedding here. I thought it was a horrible hotel personally.

Amber Springs in Gorey looks to have same kind of facilities -
4 nights 620 euro (B&B basis) so will go with that

Kellys is booked out though so somebody paying those prices

And it’d be full to the brim of the worst kind of cunts from south county Dublin.

Yeah it’s very dear and the food isn’t all that.

Amber Springs is a world away from Kellys but I wouldn’t recommend anyone to be paying those prices. If you’re looking for recommendations for the area let me know as there’s a fair few things you can do with kids. If you’re lucky, @Thrawneen[/USER] and @[USER=6]briantinnion might be around for a North Wexford TFK Summer Soiree.

Clarke’s Hotel Mohill not only had no website but had no phone line. You needed to know the owner’s mobile to contact the hotel without actually physically visiting the place. This arose as the owner was unable to pay his phone bill.

Optional extras included:

• A key for your room (one guest was asked if they wanted one of these and when the replied in the affirmative, he went scowering the hotel looking for it)
  • The big carvery blackboard thing thrown on your bed when you arrived into the room.
  • Stale smelling sheets which were probably unwashed in a long time.

Everyone will be gutted to know that the hotel was destroyed by fire before Christmas. For some reason there were no guests in the hotel at the time.

Thanks - yeah any recommendations would be gratefully received.

Any of the lads vetted for babysitting one night?

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 902249, member: 2272”]Thanks - yeah any recommendations would be gratefully received.

Any of the lads vetted for babysitting one night?[/quote]

Art Foley could babysit

[quote=“TheUlteriorMotive, post: 902249, member: 2272”]

Any of the lads vetted for babysitting one night?[/quote]

I’ve successfully looked after a cat for a few nights before. That’s about it.

Do you seriously think I’m going to tell a crowd of nutcases on the internet where my favourite place to holiday in Ireland is? Are you mad?

Yes I believe so, there was an ongoing legal challenge to prevent an offshore windfarm nearby that he suggested would ruin the view. But that was recently rejected.

Actually it appears the main part of that development has not been completed. He was planning on pumping in 750 mil. The West Clare economy will be delighted to see some of that.

Westport is some rip off town lads… im all for giving the Irish ecomony a boost but you’d have a decent city break in europe for much the same as youd spend in hotels/food here.

[quote=“fistoffury, post: 902466, member: 219”]Yes I believe so, there was an ongoing legal challenge to prevent an offshore windfarm nearby that he suggested would ruin the view. But that was recently rejected.

Actually it appears the main part of that development has not been completed. He was planning on pumping in 750 mil. The West Clare economy will be delighted to see some of that.[/quote]

Trump is going to attempt to rebuild the golf course in doonbeg. Making use of the 56 dunes that were previously blocked from use by some apparently rare snail that has now been found in several other places around the world.

I was on the beach last Weekend there was substantial damage to the dunes. About 10 meters of the 18th fairway have been washed out.