The Official Irish Times Best Places to Holiday in Ireland Thread

Jesus mate, it was just a gag, shitty enough one maybe!

1 Like

Iv continuously complimented you on being such a good parent and you keep scoring cheap points in return.

Holidays in Youghal ? :scream: Sounds dreadful.

If you are down that way you should continue to Waterfords copper coast and somewhere like Dunmore East.

Youghal has a great, really great beach. It’s fairly central to all of east Cork/West Waterford which is one of the best places in the country, I wouldn’t knock it while it wouldn’t be my first choice in that area.

its a great base for kids stuff and waterford is only minutes away in fairness

It was either Youghal or Liffey Valley

2 Likes

Palatine cottages in Glenosheen.

1 Like

Fuckin palatines

On the way to the Green Wood above Ardpatrick

3 Likes

What is your beef with the palatines?

His ancestors ran them out of West Limerick and stole their land.

I had an on going fued with a guy in school who had a palatine surname

1 Like

Is that all? One of the Ruttles annoyed you

:open_mouth:

It was either that or Shier. Most of the old family names have died out or left long ago for the US

Shier, Ruttle, Sparling, Boveniser, Long, Lowe and Crowe would all still be in the area, granted as you say the first two would be the most common.

Coming over here with their advanced agricultural techniques and their German work ethic

3 Likes

The average age in Kelly’s is 78 and thats taking account of all the kids here.

4 Likes

Is it nice, pal? Thinking of taking herself away Thursday & Friday night. How long you booked in there for? I’ll bring the herb, you sort the powder.

I’ve only ever stayed in hotels in Ireland for stags, weddings or a night.

This ‘resort’ stay is a far cry from what I’m use of. Never done the kids stuff in a hotel so can’t rate it against anything. Mrs Goode thinks it’s grand.

It’s dated but that doesn’t bother me. Food is great. A couple’s place for two nights, definitely not.

For a couple of nights away without kids?

Stay in Trim, (I’ll have the personal) go to Newgrange, Hill of Tara, close enough to Dublin or Blanchardstown for retail therapy if she likes that and you get browny points, pubs in Trim don’t close either, dangerous but great.

1 Like