The Official Irish Times Best Places to Holiday in Ireland Thread

I’ll bring you on a dingy pubs of West Limerick tour. The “Drunk in the dank” tour I’ll call it.

Adare could be option for you, motorway all the way to Shannon as well.

West Clare is as close to Shannon as Adare ffs sake

I forgot about Adare. We stayed in the dunraven arms, got a suite there due to booking issue. Mrs Bradley loved it.
Must check out availability. Good man @Julio_Geordio.

I’m in Limericks city that Mon/Tuesday if you want to do cans of cider in the park and a garlic chip with cheese for tea, pal.

Sounds A1 to me buddy. Can I bring the kids along. The eldest one only drinks alcopops so won’t mess with your cider while you’re not looking.
I can send Mrs Bradley off to Heatons. She’ll need a new tracksuit for the hols.

2 Likes

Adare is half an hour from Shannon, Kilkee is like an hour.

Ye guys are an amazing source of info in fairness.:wave::wave::wave:
Good options all round. Especially as I’m half drunk here, I could be capable of booking any fucking where.

You should brimmer, the lads have a lovely red sand beach, aughinish. The unique properties include a continuous warm feeling where ever the sand makes contact with your skin and it’s supposed to be very exfoliating. A few weeks after you get home a few cows might die in the locality.

3 Likes

That, along with the fresh air blowing in from the ships and lorries in foynes would have you feeling 10 years younger in a day.

Looking at the sunny*** south east for 4 or 5 days on 2nd week of August. Is Kilmore Quay a good spot to stay? Will have bambino in tow but would still like a bit of liveliness and will prob rent a small house/apartment. Want to spend a day at Tramore races and another over at Ardmore and Cliff House hotel. A spin into Dungarvan could also be factored in.

@Fagan_ODowd am I missing anything?

1 Like

why not stay in watreford altogether pal?

Dungarvan must be nearly 2 hours from Kilmore?

1 Like

Have a look at Faithlegg.

1 Like

Kilmore Quay is a pretty small seaside village with a tiny beach, pal. It’s more a place to go for an afternoon / evening than knock a few days out of. Look at the boats, walk around, have some food and drink in Mary Barry’s.

@Rocko is the Kilmore Quay expert

1 Like

Kilmore Quay is absolutely lovely for a day trip but a bit remote as a place to explore Wexford from. There’s a lovely beach just outside town and a dirty little beach in the village. Great fish and chips and a fantastic seafood restaurant strangely called silver fox.
You might be better over in Rosslare or up around Curracloe where we spent a week or so last summer.

1 Like

Heading to Wexford town for 5 days next week with a 3 and a 1 year old. Heading to the beach for a few hours will have them happy out. Any recommendations for other child-friendly diversions from the forum’s yellow-bellied buachaillí would be much appreciated.

@Bandage if you could give me a rough outline of a 8 mile or so jogging route that’d be great buddy. We’re staying near the Talbot Hotel.

I think I remember @rocko taking on a similar trip and have decided not to dedicate a day to Kilmore Quay but can’t remember any of his other travails.

Guys, I’ve a Sunday lunch to attend in Ballymahon, Co Longford so I thought I’d venture to the beautiful midlands the day before with my life partner, explore the area and overnight on Saturday before our lunch appointment. Any nice hotel, country house, guest house recommendations in the midlands black hole?

Wineport

There’s a good play center for kids in Longford.

3 Likes

Blazers in Longford town is a must.