The Official Irish Times Best Places to Holiday in Ireland Thread

The standards of service in Wexford are top notch. It’s a lovely base for a short break.

I don’t think so, mate.

I hope his wife comes into the dining room in the morning in her wheelchair and recounts the death of Winston Churchill. That was a real highlight. They are alright sorts

5 Likes

Is dinner served at one big dining table or will we have the privacy of a table for two?

A big long banquet table under candlelight. It is a wonderful experience

:eek:

You’ve done me good and proper here, pal.

9 Likes

Sounds like somewhere you’d meet Jessica Fletcher, where after dinner, a murder would be uncovered and everyone would be a suspect.

Go with it, pal. You will have a ball

You can regale the toffs of Wexford Opera House, it’ll be just swell.

Super chat with Warwick about Centre Parks coming to Longford. More news as it happens.

1 Like

I think you should take a pic of him for the board. When we had tea and biscuits in the drawing room upon arrival we discussed the Ardnacrusha power station and the electrification of rural Ireland. Mad bantz

1 Like

Unbelievable scenes. What an evening spent with Kent and Lynette from Kansas City and, in quite an incredible coincidence, an old Stokes Kennedy Crowley colleague and her husband. Kent just had us outside the house trying catapult toy helicopters he bought in a €1 shop in Florence last week into the air:

3 Likes

Surely the topic of Nick Foles has come up between you and Kent given the obvious connection?

:eek:

I saw them* fuckin those things in the air in Florence on Tuesday night.

*mostly likely not Kent and Lynette

So basically. The rich American bought a toy that needs to be retrieved after he throws it down the beach ?
The big fat wexican runs after it ? Retrieves it ? all the while they have a laugh with some of the foremost policy makers in the country, ie, your colleague in PWC, whom I hope the fuck didn’t disclose that you’re an ex employee.
Jesus Christ on a bike. Where do I begin.
Could you not just change your username to fetch ?

9 Likes

FOTA

Meh
Average. Pool opening is limited. Changing rooms too small and badly designed with l shaped lockers

Grand

But meh

Wildlife park is good. Lots of giraffes

1 Like

Fota wildlife park is top notch

2 Likes

Lions and tigers now as well. Brilliant spot.

Will you ease off on the hostility please, mate? I can’t handle your constant barbs and it’s all the more hurtful after I liked your holiday posts about drinking with a lad from Clare and lying on a sun lounger near to a German family.

4 Likes

Its excellent, almost entirely because the animals have at least some decent space. The only ‘zoo’ I’d patron.