The Official Irish Times Best Places to Holiday in Ireland Thread

Yes pal. That was pretty much it, except we retired to the drawing room for post dinner wine with John and Mary who were a lovely couple from Tipperary who we conversed and hit it off with over the candle lit dinner.

There are only 4 bedrooms in the place so it is lovely and quiet. Warwich puts on tea and biscuits/cakes upon your arrival as well.

1 Like

Fuck it. I hate other people.

Thanks for the response anyway, pal.

6 Likes

In the end I selected an apartment in Dungarvan overlooking the quay. I shall travel east and west to explore the local environs.

:fearful:

3 Likes

Thinly veiled, you leave your keys in a bowl on arrival.

7 Likes

I’d say puke rode the hole off John.

6 Likes

4 bedrooms, no much choosing to be done, keys in the bowl would be a waste of time. Sounds dodgy as fuck all the same :laughing:

sounds like a fucking nightmare kid.

Sounds like it was 2 couples per bedroom though.

1 Like

If you’re heading down towards tramore pop into the Copper Hen in Fenor and I’ll make sure they look after you

:open_mouth:

:pint:

You spent 4 nights in Athlone?

Yeah, we stayed in the Hodson bay and explored the area, it was good.
I don’t know your situation mate but when you’ve four young kids you don’t go anywhere for one or two nights really, there’s so much shit to pack and unpack that you might as well get a base room and make the most of it, going abroad is a huge pain in the hole with babies.
So yes I’ve been to worse places than Athlone as well for four nights and had a blast.
It’s really not that bad.

Never been there other than passing through but don’t see the appeal of staying somewhere for 4 nights in the middle of the country with no beaches or much stuff around there, I presume. May as well stay in Nenagh or Birr for 4 nights. The only places in Ireland I’d stay for more than a night or two are Dublin, Cork CIty, West Cork, Kerry, Wexford or Galway

1 Like

Nenagh and Birr can be covered by day trips, that Birr Castle is a great spot, can’t think of anything that Nenagh has going for it bar Maximmus.

The Hodson bay is a really nice hotel for families with a very good kids club etc. we go to the beach plenty, in fact I was at the beach today. :grinning:

All the places you’ve mentioned are top of my list as well but I like to explore the whole country where possible.

Cheers brother. We’ll be at Tramore beach and the races Sunday week for the family day so will keep it in the notebook.

Youghal is a kip mate. Make sure you drop into the Nook for a few after a snack box in the Roma Grill.

Point of clarification, boys:

Lunch in Ballymahon has been moved to TODAY. En route now.

Still availing of Warwick’s hospitality in Mornington House later on though. Give me a shout if any of you fancy a tipple in the drawing room after dinner.

3 Likes

Will your mother be there ?

2 Likes