The Official Irish Times Best Places to Holiday in Ireland Thread

Savage. You’ll have an extra hour either side so.

Knocklofty House or Kinnity Castle bud.

1 Like

The Big House is just over an hour from Thurles. They do a fine bowl of soup.

4 Likes

Is that Knocklofty place closed ?

Is Inch House still on the go?

Actually it is closed, apologies.

The Old Convent, Clogheen

You’re not living in Tipp now are you? Ye could go to Kilkenny city it’s handy enough get there and it’s decent for a night out. I can pm you a number of grand bnb there if you’re interested.

No I’m not, Kilkenny is a possibility alright, for such a renowned destination it has a very poor selection of hotels.

It’s a dangerous shithole full of stag and hen parties at the weekend.

6 Likes

Kinnity Castle the best shout so far.

Bit of a random one but would you do a night in Cashel. It’s hands down the best place in Tipperary to my mind. There’s an unreal restaurant there called Chez Hans but you have to book ahead. If you went for early bird menu it’s not too bad. The town is safe and they’re sound there, few different choices of pubs to have a drink in. What I mean by safe is no scum there. Guaranteed music in a few places too.

5 Likes

It’s unreal.

It’s very good alright. You’d have to nearly book a few weeks before i’d say to be sure of a table at a time of your choosing. But if getting on the early bird they might be able to slot you in at shorter notice.

1 Like

@iron_mike re: Inch House

@Mullach_Ide I think I’ll go with Kinnity. Anything to do in the area during the day ?

1 Like

Ooooffffft

2 Likes

Stay riding all day.

1 Like

Really lovely walks in Slieve Bloom .

You are not too far from Birr if you want to head to the castle, see the telescope etc.
Nice walks around Kinnitty itself, also Giltraps is a decent boozer in the village, plenty of Offaly hurlers of the 1980s vintage drink in the area.

1 Like

A lovely walk as well in Cadamstown a few miles past Kinnity.

1 Like