The Official Nottingham Forest šŸŒ³ Supporters Thread

As I said after the Everton game, itā€™s midfield thatā€™s the problem. They canā€™t retain the ball for any meaningful period of time. Control midfield and you control the game, and we canā€™t do that. Freuler should have started against Newcastle. Of the four sitting midfielders at the club, heā€™s the best at retaining possession. Yates is there to press.

I donā€™t think itā€™s any coincidence that in the five weeks Yates was out we struggled big time, and heā€™s still only regaining his fitness. This fortnight break has come at a good time for us I believe, gives Cooper and Dean Yates that extra bit of time to try iron out these issues.

The next two games really are season defining.

1 Like

One up at HT to Wolves. 3 points really needed here as itā€™s one of few remaining home fixtures.

Up to 12th as things stand. Could end up in bottom 3 yet within the hour

Red cards flying being bandied about like candy here for the respective benches

Some proper GAA style reffing here, instead of giving a well deserved red to a couple of players he sent off a couple of no marks from either dugout. Throws the ball in then for the restart, away ye go lads, carry on

Brennan must be worth 80mill at this point. If we are to lose him in Summer please God its to a serious club and not some clueless footballing cul de sac like Spuds or Liverpool

1 Like

1-1 Balls

1 Like

1-1 FT, currently 14th just 2 points off relegation.
Cooper fucked up, bringing on Joe Worral to defend the lead when he should have been bringing on Awonyini to score a second and kill off Wolves when we were on top. Instead we just sat back and invited them on and they inevitably got the equalizer. Balloon bursht.
He could be gone if we lose to Leeds during the week.
Very bad tempered affair, the cards were out every few minutes

1 Like

MANGALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

1 Like

1-1

2-1 Leeds

Squeaky bum time

In Patrick Viera we trust

I said it a few weeks ago weā€™re doomed, simply cannot hold onto the ball and dictate play for even short periods to create chances

1 Like

This is sad knowing your probably watching the dying minutes of Coopers reign

Another away defeat. Somehow we are still not in bottom 3.
Thatā€™s probably that for Cooper though :broken_heart: :broken_heart:

Hi @Lazarus :wave:

2 Likes

I really shouldnā€™t believe in Cooper after the last 8 games. But I still want to. Itā€™s very hard though to defend him watching that absolute gack tonight. All we did all night long was lump it. We were a disorganised rabble from start to finish. And if Leeds had someone more proficient than Bamford up front it could have been 5 or 6 instead of 2.

Hard to see where the wins are going to come from. Weā€™ll get nought from the next four fixtures. Brentford and Southampton games are the only ones we can realistically hope to get something from.

I wouldnā€™t agree with changing manager at this point, although Iā€™m sure the Greeks already have Bilic or Hanslhuttl already lined up.

A few astute lads on here had Cooper pegged early doors

Cooper, as he likes to point out himself is wired differently.

COOPER STAYS

The Greek Father has spoken

A statement from Nottingham Forest owner, Evangelos Marinakis:

ā€œNo one denies that our Club is in a difficult position in the Premier League, but we wish to end the speculation and the false and disruptive reporting in the media to confirm that Steve Cooper remains our manager at Nottingham Forest.

ā€œWe have all been disappointed with recent performances and it is very clear that a lot of hard work needs to be done to address this urgently. Results and performances must improve immediately.

ā€œNow is the time for everyone connected with our club, from us as owners, to the board, our supporters, backroom staff, coaches and players - to come together and fight to secure our status in the Premier League.

ā€œThere can be no time for distractions, rumours and speculation. There is only time for hard work, determination, a commitment from Steve and the players to getting the results we need and, of course, the continued magnificent support of the fans of Nottingham Forest.ā€

Evangelos Marinakis

2 Likes