The official Roman Catholic thread

The diocesan inspectors must have been around, you’d be amazed at the fantastic altars and sacred spaces you’d see for about 3 days out of 182

1 Like

A really bad day at the office for Roman Catholicism in Eire.

It’s funny. The yes side campaigned for choice, not abortion. Now the success is victory is over the Catholic Church, not abortion?

You are extrapolating the noisy few into the overall majority here pal. The view or reaction of the church played nil percent (0%) in my decision making process. The same as it does for every decision I make on a day to day basis. And i have no animosity towards the church really

1 Like

That was half of my point

I thought so too but seemingly it is victory over the Catholic Church.

1 Like

It’s a victory over the forces of cultural conservatism and that’s a force that follows what the church says and seeks to put the church in control of Irish life.

It’s a victory for choice AND a victory over the Roman Catholic church.

The second was wholly necessary to ensure the first.

Still no mention of abortion though

Don’t worry mate, you won’t have to have one. That’s choice.

One what? Kid? That’s not choice.

I was out in the car there earlier, on Marlborough Street, when I noticed that works were underway at Donal Stanleys Clerical Outfitters shop, which has lain vacant and shuttered for what must be twenty years now, in as potent a symbol as any of the decline of the Faith.

1 Like

What do you mean, did you get hit in the groin by a strimmer?

No yes sometimes sure what can you do.

1 Like

The Bishop of Waterford and Lismore takes no prisoners.

Awful news about the adoption scandal.
Fuck it but the church did its best to destroy this country.
It would fill you with rage.

1 Like

Great timing after the few months we’ve had, I’ve fuck all against the modern day church but cunts like McQuaid were evil

That wasn’t adoption, that was child trafficking. I’m sure that the nuns made pots of money from trafficking babies to America and beyond…

3 Likes

Happy Corpus Christi folks.

The State helped as well. When he was Minister for Children Brian Lenihan appointed his election agent to the Adoption Board. This individual then attended 6 of 45 meetings of the board in 2005. That’s how seriously the State took adoption.