The official Roman Catholic thread

My faith knows no boundaries.

€20 standing order going into my parish each fortnight . Had to pay it as only son was in 6th class last year and only one local second level school for boys was suitable to his needs. Bishop is patron of both the schools and is officially the parish priest. The money may have swung it for us, 350 apps for 170 places, and we only had fulfilled 2 of the 3 criteria.

Still paying it as I have 2 daughters we would like to go to the Loreto…

This is a legislative issue
What has it got to do with religion?

1 Like

thou shalt not bare false witness against thy neighbour…fucksake 2 of my neighbours are cunts, a lot of bollox this thread.

1 Like

Some simpletons can’t tell the difference mate, the Nordies and border dwellers are particularly confused on the subject.

1 Like

I just throw a 20 in the basket when I’m in, I notice in England the baskets do be bulging with cash compared to here, the big hitters in Ireland still use the envelopes i suppose

Oh @Fitzy , sometimes, I pray for you at night. Someday, maybe you’ll see the light. Oh, some say, in life, you’re gonna get what you give. But some things only God can forgive. I hope you find your peace. Falling on your knees, praying.

Daylight robbery

Isn’t it?

It’s paying tribute to the Mafia. We even sign over the tax credit to the parish each year. There is a form you can complete that allows the “charity” that you donate to to claim the tax relief at the lowest rate to them. Extortion, but you do what you have to do if you want your child to go to an established, well-funded and well-ran suitable school…

Sounds like a fair arrangement.

5 Likes

Teachers are such fucking cunts.

They should be sent to do three months of hard labour during the summer.

1 Like

Being a school principal is an awful job. Good money I suppose but it’s hardly worth it. About half of primary school principals in Ireland are on medication for stress related issues. Secondary school is even worse because the schools are typically much bigger and the students’ issues are far more serious. There was a lad on with Matt Cooper last year who conducts studies on workplace stress saying that secondary school principals have worse levels of stress than almost any other profession that has been studied. Worse than the police or being an airline pilot apparently.

Plenty of made up statistics in that post.

9 Likes

:rollseyes:

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/hundreds-of-secondary-teachers-on-100k-29292461.html

Stressful job?

Lolz.

2 Likes
1 Like

They’re probably getting sick notes to cover them to take more paid time off in addiition to the three months holidays these overpaid skivers get every year.

Cheap as well

You have to laugh @Watch_The_Break here.

He’s referencing a survey by a union of its union members which cite problems. Everyone knows that you give teachers an inch and they’ll take a mile.

4 Likes

You were a very very lucky man to get your boy in . Jesus Christ would you stop the moaning and bitching about it or alternatively be a fucking man and excerise your rights by canceling the standing order.

2 Likes