The official Roman Catholic thread

Warming up nicely now Gerā€¦

Please donā€™t tag me on this thread again with your gibberish.

Get some sleep mate.

Iā€™ll keep tagging you as long as it annoys you, Tim.

Feel free to tag me, as you so often do.

You wonā€™t hear me complaining.

Any sign of a red hat for Diarmuid Martin?

I said please. Just on this thread at least.

If I was you Iā€™d throw my toys out of the pram for that reply.

Huh?

Probably a few MAGA ones lying around Croke Park after tonightā€™s Eurovision-style mass.

they need to show us they donā€™t care, or something. I just a said a ā€œour fatherā€ for them

2 Likes

there is something about his face, you just know you can trust him, you know he will have your back when it comes down to it

1 Like

Signing in from Southern Portugal. I was too overwhelmed to comment yesterday. What a dignified and modest individual il papa is; not like some of the screaming Marys commenting on this thread trying to be edgy . The local lay people here are inspired by what they are seeing. Wall to wall coverage here. What an occasion. Pope Francis is box office. Got evening Mass yesterday looking forward to this mornings ceremony

2 Likes

I hope Iā€™m in as good nick as him at 81.

This visit will reinvigorate the church.

2 Likes

The bigotry toward the church is disgraceful here. Child abuse was endemic in Irish society over the past, the Catholic Church was not the only institution that turned a blind eye to it so its crazy to lay the blame at the churchā€™s door for an Irish problem that pretty much polluted every social outlet in Ireland.

It was great to see mamma and pappa so happy yesterday at the visit of Francis. It was brilliant to see Armagh City and South Armagh draped in Vatican bunting and flags. It was great to be able to celebrate your Catholicism in the face of bigotry and hate and nurture the message of love and care our church bestows upon us.

Itā€™s a weekend whereby your heart grows and spirits lift. Francis really is the chosen one. God bless him.

6 Likes

Meath is quite hilly in parts.

Hear hear. The type of lads on this thread trying to be edgy have empty lives. The type of of lad who has nothing better to do than be on tfk 24/7.

It was wall to wall coverage in BBC news yesterday. Box office. The irish media and their liberal cheerleaders are doing their level best to downplay and denigrate Pappas visit

Seems like a lot of travellers around Knock today.

The biggest thing in their lives is TFK .
Thatā€™s where their pals are.
Pope Francis spoke about the dangers of exactly that in croke park last night, funnily enough.

1 Like

/original/3X/4/4/44933df046609832a180cab56de981754e26e62a.mp4

1 Like