The official Roman Catholic thread

This is probably one of the worst and most hackneyed cliches doing the rounds at the moment, and any scratching the surface of it reveals it to be complete bullshit.

A lot of not very bright people confuse others picking apart their stupid views with thinking those same people don’t believe in people’s right to have stupid views.

Any person has an absolute right to believe in whatever hogwash they want to believe in.

The quoted statement here is a psychological device which people with stupid views use to project imagined victimhood onto themselves as a crutch and a psychological protection, when they can’t justify their stupid views.

The spiritual side of it is fine and in theory the practices and rituals are harmless at worst and extremely beneficial at best.

Its the organised side of things where problems arise. Mass murders, cover ups, vast sums of money, all in the name of a faith.

It’s profiteering on people’s need for a spiritual anchor on a global scale

One of the biggest examples is Trump America at the moment. Liberals cant accept Trump as president, liberal media cant accept it, liberal college campuses cant accept it, liberal Hollywood cant accept it and social media by and large cant accept it. So you see bullying, constant campaign of attacks, twisting the truth etc. Why… because the people in the left cant stand the conservatives and people on the right. Why… because they hold a belief system contrary to their own.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing that

Views are a human construct by and large. Unless we are arguing that the world is flat anything is open to debate

You’re welcome

I see the trendy left spent their Saturday nights taking screenshots of a few empty seats at a concert to welcome a man they claim not to care about.

It’s awfully strange.

4 Likes

You may have just posted fake news and be done with it for feck sake

There are actually a growing number of people who argue the earth is flat.

1 Like

Parts of it are for sure

2 Likes

Meath is, and the Netherlands are. You are 100% correct

I best head off there before I’m logged in the outstanding meltdown thread for having an auld chat

1 Like

If what you said was true, there would have been a massive effort to get the election results cancelled and/or a coup being launched.

There wasn’t.

Here are the facts:

Multiple intelligence agencies had extremely credible intelligence that there was Russian interference in the election and that Trump was compromised by such. It was essential that there was an inquiry into this.

Trump has attempted to obstruct and neuter this investigation at every turn.

Trump has a history of at best, shady business practices and these are now coming out big time.

The fact is that Trump is somebody who is not remotely fit to be US president for a multitude of reasons that we’re all aware of and that are too numerous to list, and he is now deservedly being exposed as such.

At every stage, Trump has lied. At every stage, Trump’s explanations for what happened have proved to be untrue and and every stage, the narrative of Trump’s critics has proved to be true and then some.

At every stage, the protestations of those who seek to defend Trump have proved to be wrong, massively so. This is an example of a quasi-religious belief system which has proved to be impervious to fact.

This is an example of the previous paragraph. It’s so irony-free and so infantile an opinion that there is no point responding to it.

I uphold absolutely your right to hold such an infantile opinion.

Belief systems are there to be challenged, and if they don’t hold up to any sort of scrutiny, they are there to be ridiculed.

That’s called “free speech”, something that the self-styled regressive right claims to pride itself on, when in reality it does anything but.

In reality the regressive right is anti-free speech. What you seek to do is to shut down debate, to shut down challenge, and to shut down ridicule when your worldview doesn’t stand up to scrutiny.

I’m listening sid, but before reaching any conclusions I’ve got to factor in the fact that you’re not near wise.

The orange parts. That explains a lot.

Nobody cares mate, honestly. As always, people care about their quality of life and as long as that is improving for most people, hysterics from nutcases like yourself are simply irrelevant.

4 Likes

So it’s “nobody cares”, now.

“Nutcases like yourself”.

Cracking response, mate.

And yet more proof in a sea of it (“ban Islam”, remember?) that I’m deliciously correct in my assessment of regressive right types like yourself.

At every stage you’ve been wrong about Trump, at every stage you’ve thrown childish tantrums as your quasi-religious desperate defences of him have proven to be grossly incorrect.

@Tim_Riggins with his desperate attempts to claim that Jeremy Corbyn is anti-semitic (when Riggins himself has laughed at anti-semitism) is another prize chump of the quasi-religious, anti-free speech regressive right.

Recently we’ve had vicious attacks on Margaret Cash for daring to live her life according to Catholic teaching. And most of these same attackers claim to be Catholic!

You couldn’t make it up!

Warming up nicely now Ger…

Please don’t tag me on this thread again with your gibberish.

Get some sleep mate.