The official Roman Catholic thread

I used to get swept up in the whole thing as a child and it brought me awful close to Christ Jesus at times but time passes and things move on. Do you feel a renewed presence of Christ?

2 Likes

Very much so. All the Spanish lads wear a formal suit for the processions. I will have one on tonight for the big one

2 Likes

Round 2

2 Likes

A blacker Jesus

The boys here were under serious pressure carrying this beast of thing

2 Likes

Beautiful plumage

2 Likes

I’d say you’re more a judge of cleavage than plumage.

1 Like

It’s certainly not marriage anyway

1 Like

I had the privilege of carrying one in Zaragoza in 2015.

7 Likes

How did you get involved?

I was living over there for a short while and a friend from the locality organised for me to be involved.

2 Likes

What a load of codswallop

3 Likes

He is Risen

2 Likes

7 Likes

The Church is well and truly back.

Just home from an epic Easter Sunday Ceromony. Like a Munster Final walking in. Certainly more sense of occasion than you’d get at those nonsense round robin games anyway.

I’d say communion went on for 20 minutes the crowd was so big. The choir (who were magnificent) nearly ran out of songs to sing. After a bit of a pause they sprung ‘Amazing Grace’ from nowhere. A well deserved standing ovation at the end then.

They’ve reduced the number of masses locally which has doubled or more the crowds at the masses that are on and its made such a difference. Like 2003 again when mass was the only place to be on a Sunday morning.

10 Likes

Serious pageantry on the mainland here. Our local PP was clearly up for it this morning. His World Cup final I suppose. Standing room only in the place and they’d to get out the emergency chairs. The other priests were directing people to any spare seat in the house.

The main man announced that the crowds were back at the beginning of the service and then led a Tour de France of a sermon culminating in some old school hymn that had even the elderly parishioners clapping and on their feet as he marched out the door to greet everyone.

7 Likes

What a 5 days of it, i was getting in 3 processions a day, minimum, plenty more were available. I was overwhelmed with intensity of it. Bit of grub tonight and away home tomorrow. This is proper Roman Catholicism. Where did it go wrong in Ireland??

10 Likes

Hard to put a finger on alright

3 Likes

Beats the July 12th shit. Where are you? I caught a few in Granada. Impressive though I’m not religious.