The official Roman Catholic thread

1 Like

St Marys Dominicans
Popes quay
Nice ppl

Hadnā€™t really taken much notice up to now but this morning in a quarter full church, I suddenly realised after looking around, I was one of the youngest if not the youngest in attendance

4 Likes

Is that you out collecting for prisoners?

1 Like

:blush::blush::scream_cat:

1 Like

Na - but thatā€™s my church

Started this course last Wednesday
Absolutely brilliant ordinary meek humans
The Dominicans

2 Likes

Guy I knew selling ā€˜an phoblachtā€™
On Pana ( corks main St)
Used roar
ā€œ money for bullketsā€
An phoblacht - republican newsā€
ā€œMoney for bulletsā€

PS it was illegal to sell it in public at the time
77/ 78/1979 ish

It was actually on the old o-level syllabus up here

1 Like

By God

Remember selling it as a kid in the pubs around the city
My late bro Noel took a few days off to come up to Derry for the Easter commeration one time,
His boss wasnā€™t impressed as next week in the republican news thereā€™s Noelā€™s big smiley head on the front page
Just as the colour party fired
The crowd surged and he made the picā€‹:blush::blush::blush:
ā€œ Noel you donā€™t look v fuckin sick there boyā€?

1 Like

Mick Hegarty could do with some beer money since Colm Murphy went to the old brigade in the clouds.

1 Like

Donā€™t k who mick H is

Heā€™s the fella who got convicted for building this. He was an old flatmate of mine. Stomach burnt completely out of him from the fumes of mixing bombs.

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/1300lbs+BOMB+IN+A+GARDEN+SHED%3B+Police+point+finger+at+renegade+IRAā€¦-a060688501

Not opening

He must be a bad mixer
Good coffee grinder
Double mix
Good mask
Forensic suit
Bobs your uncle
( thatā€™s the townie version for garden sheds)
Chaps on the country were spoiled- big cow shedsšŸ˜Š

He was dabbling with incindiaries I bet,

Old pal Maurice Healy of mine in Derry
Rip

First time I met him I noticed the claw,
Only after a while did I cop on heā€™d a glass eye aswell,
This guy had degrees from Queens etc etc coming out his hole
But still managed to fuck up a mix and whatever he was at in the lab went :boom:

Maurice eventually went into peace and reconciliation as a full time job,
Could have fucked off out of the 6 countries as heā€™d married into a v prominent Boston family
But he stayed,
Got cancer and done.

Sad. There was a bright future in that line of work for many as time softens us.

Mick left County Clare at 13/14yr old, wanting to join the IRA in the mid 60ā€™s and made his way to South Armagh. They taught him to build bombs there and thatā€™s what he did. Spent almost all his adult life in jail. Heā€™d get out, build a few, get caught, rinse and repeat. He had a tube coming out of his stomach when I knew him, which heā€™d have to get fed through at regular hospital visits which he usually ignored. Ate pints instead. Didnā€™t cope too well with the waning of public support for conflict, but was staunch all the same. I lived with him in a flat above the Deerā€™s head on Parnell St, until Colm Murphy took him in, in Louth.

1 Like

God must have been lazygirl jobbing/quiet quitting in his WFH role when this happened.

Fuckā€‹:scream_cat::scream_cat::scream_cat::scream_cat:colourful chapā€‹:clap::clap:

Is he still alive?
FFS heā€™d have stuck out like a sure thumb in S A

Never let me down yet

1 Like